Intrigued

"Nugget is intrigued by the unconfident Teddy."

Ted had already woken up that morning in a bad mental state, after getting next to no sleep, and functioning on three and a half cups of coffee in the past hour. The nightmare last night was one hell of a ride; he had forgotten how awful it felt to have a panic attack. Long story short: he wasn't mentally prepared to be questioned by Nugget. He just wanted to keep his head down, and drag himself through the day.

However, considering that Nugget had practically cornered him in the bathroom, he didn't have much of a choice.

"Uh... Y-You should... You should be more, more interested in... in Felix. I'm really not th-that interesting..." Ted stumbled through his speech, desperately wanting Nugget's piercing gaze off of him. It was true - he wasn't anything to be 'intrigued' about. He was simply Felix's disappointment of a brother.

"Nugget finds that funny," A gaze that never wavers, and the smallest flicker of a smile, "Uninteresting people never tend to need to say that."

Teddy was shocked into silence, his mind still whirring with solutions to escape from the situation. His train of thought was cut off as Nugget took another step closer, his eyes becoming slightly darker - he placed a hand on each side of Teddy, leaning against the wall. Now he really had cornered him.

"What are you trying so hard to hide..?" Nugget muttered, probably more to himself than to Ted. He watched as the boy quivered in the corner, hugging himself tightly. Still not breaking eye contact, Nugget took a small step back, taking his hands away. Teddy was about to dart out of the door faster than he'd ever ran before, until he heard Nugget mumble something under his breath.

"Nugget's name is Nathan, or Nate."

Teddy froze, staring at Nug- Nate, in disbelief.

"N-New introductions, huh?" He felt his previous nervousness melt away, "Then, I'm Theodore. Nice to meet you, Nate."

It was Nugget's turn to stand in disbelief, as his mind raced with thoughts. Theodore, was a beautiful name.

"The pleasure is Nate's, Theodore."