Book 1 Part 4

I add the extra accessories and we sneak out the front door and into my car. I drive to the Rave and make it there with a few minutes to spare.

“Ok, Celeste, Noah will be in a black tux with deep purple. Here’s your mask, now hurry up, we only have seven minutes left before he leaves.”

We walk into the Rave, masks adorned, and I search for the love of my life. I look and there are many guys dressed in black tuxes with purple. Great. Just peachy. I look at the clock and it’s 8:58. OMG! I have to hurry! I search until the clock strikes nine and then I have no choice but to yell, “Noah Christensen! If you are here, please walk forward.”

I close my eyes. I hear people mingling with the others, and I feel a strong, firm hand on my shoulder. I turn around and open my eyes to see my kidnapper with his hand on my bare shoulder. I panic, and start to turn away, but I run into my love.

He pulls me behind him, and he challenges my stalker. Then they leave for the back of the club. I follow them and as we get outside, my Masked Warrior says to him,

“Why is it that I find my love, you are always there, trying to screw everything up?” He punches the kidnapper in the face and turns to face me and says, “Vivienne? Is it you?”

I couldn’t feel anything, so I nodded. He walks me back inside, holding my hand. I face him, and take off my mask.

“Noah, this is Celeste. I know this is very odd, but I can’t live without you. I love you.” I wrap my arms around him and rest my head against his hard, muscular chest. I sigh in enjoyment. I then feel his arms wrap around me and we are enjoying each other’s company.

“Celeste? Is that you? Who are you with?” I recognize that voice. Oh. My. God. Josh!

I release my hold on Noah, and turn to face Josh, who’s dressed in black and midnight blue.

“Josh, what are you doing here? I thought you were in the hospital. I just visited you there this morning-”

“Enough, Celeste. I get it, you weren’t into me. And yes, I know I was in the hospital. I regained my memory after you left. What I don’t understand is what you are doing and who you are with.”

“Joshua, I love you, but not in the way you want it. After the attempted kidnapping, I realized that Noah is the one I’ve been looking for.”

“But you don’t even know him! How can you be in love with someone if you don’t know him?”

“That’s where you are wrong, Josh. I do know him. I’ve been using a fake name on FaceBook and learned more about him from that. I devised this plan so I can be with him. Josh, I know you love me, but I don’t feel the same. When I was a wreck, you helped me as a friend, not a boyfriend. I hope you understand.”

Josh looks down and wipes away what looks like a tear, and looks up and says, “Yeah, I understand.” He smiles.

He walks towards a lonely looking girl in an evergreen dress and they chat for a while. Meanwhile, I turn towards Noah and rest my hand on his cheek and put my other hand in his hair. He rests his hand on my cheeks and we have a really amazing kiss. It is indescribable.

After our kiss, I cry happy tears and start to laugh, realizing that my plan has actually worked, in a good way. Noah wipes away my tears and we walk out holding hands to my car. We sit down in my little Impala and he starts to talk.

“Celeste, there are a few things that you don’t know about me. The first thing: The reason I told you not to find me in the note I left you, was because my first and last girlfriend died from being raped by a kidnapper, and you look a lot like her, and it brought back many memories for me. That’s also why I saved you as well, I didn’t want someone as beautiful and unique, like you, to be killed by someone like that.

“But, about a week after I saved you, I was feeling something for you. I was indeed in love with you, too. The plan that you came up with was genius. I was looking for you on FaceBook, but I couldn’t find you. And now look where we are, in your car, together.”

I smile and rest my hand on his. He holds mine and squeezes it lightly. Noah turns away to face the windshield. I look out the windshield as well, and I see Josh standing right in front of my car, holding a metal baseball bat. What looked like a snarl crept across his face.

He smashed the windshield, scattering fragments of glass into our faces. I duck under the wheel and I hear Noah get out of the car. When the glass stops falling, I open my door and get out. I see Noah and Josh in a fist fight and I try to separate them both, but I end up getting punched on the crown of my skull by Josh. I fall to the ground on my knees, and time felt like it went extremely slow. I look up and find Josh on the ground, unconscious, and Noah standing over me. Noah picked me up and had his phone to his ear. He was fading away, and his voice was chased away by silence.

I wake up in the hospital surrounded by my large family, Desiree, Dylan, Mr. and Mrs. Neiman, and Noah.

“Oh! Celeste! I’m so sorry about my son, the doctor says that Josh now has a personality disorder that can only be treated by medication. What can we ever do to make up to you?” Mrs. Neiman cried, and was on the verge of supreme tears.

“So, what’s wrong with me? And Mrs. Neiman, don’t worry about it. We didn’t know about it.”

“Well, Celeste, you suffered from minor cuts and had glass in your face. But the glass wasn’t deep enough to have to go into surgery for. Also, with that bump on your head, we had to keep watch over you so you wouldn’t die in the night. Otherwise, you will be just fine, Celeste.” The doctor said, appearing into the room

I raise my hand and delicately search my skull for a bump until I feel a lump the size of a ping pong ball. I then feel my face for anything different, except for a couple stitches from my gash from fainting on the blacktop.

“Ok, people, let Celeste and Noah be alone for a minute.” My mother stated to the rest of the room. Everyone cleared out except him.

“How do you feel? I’m so sorry about what happened to you-” He started to say but I interrupted him.

“Noah, you did nothing to me. I am fine, really.” I look down to the hand he is holding and see that his other hand is in brace, “What happened to your hand?”

His hand caressed my face and he said, “Celeste, I love you. My hand is in it’s condition from punching that neanderthal. I will always protect you, because I love you.” He leaned in and kissed me.

Author's Note: Well readers, this is the end of book one! Hope you enjoyed it! Will have book two posted! :D