???: "I will. Anyways, we're here in Era"

Y/N: "Awesome, let's go"

Y/N began to make his way through the city. What he didn't know, however, was that he was going in a completely different direction and it took him five minutes to realise something was off. After going back to the central square, he asked some of the locals which way he had to go and was able to make it in time. He was now standing in front of the doors that led to the room with all the Council members.

Guard: "Please, go in. They are waiting for you"

Y/N: "Thanks"

The doors opened and he made his way inside. It was a bit different from the one in Fiore. It was way larger and fancier.

??? 1: "Good afternoon, Y/N"

Y/N: "Good afternoon to you too"

??? 1: "I believe you are here to inform us of your decision"

Y/N: "Indeed. I will gladly accept your offer. I wouldn't mind fighting against some demons related to Zeref. I need to improve myself. As for what regards the payment?"

??? 2: "I told you he was going to ask about that…"

Y/N: "Am I sensing some sort of anger in your voice? Perhaps the Council isn't as wealthy as you make it look?"

Siegrain: "Nothing of the sort. We were just discussing who was going to bring up the subject first"

Y/N: "I see. Very well. What can you offer me?"

??? 1: "You'll receive a generous sum for each mission you complete. However, we must ask you to please not make your position known to others"

Y/N: "So I have to keep quiet about my missions and my whereabouts?"

??? 1: "Yes. Your whereabouts have to be unknown only when you are on a mission. As soon as it is done you are free to return to your guild. We'll take care of the rest"

Y/N: "Perfect. That should be good enough"

??? 1: "That's good to hear. So, if I remember correctly, we offered you a partner to accompany you on your missions. Have you thought about it?"

Y/N: "I have. It took me quite a while to come to a decision, not going to lie. However, before I answer, would you mind if I had a small fight against them? I need to test who I would be working with, if I were to accept"

??? 1: "That seems reasonable enough. Sure, we can arrange a space for you two to fight. Do you perhaps want to meet and get to know her before you two confront each other?"

Y/N: "Her? I mean, I picked up a strong feminine scent on my way here, but I thought it was one of the guards"

??? 1: "That was probably her. What do you say? Do you want to meet her?"

Y/N: "I'll see her when we fight"

??? 1: "You'll be able to clash in an hour. For now you may rest. One of the guards will bring you to your room"

Y/N: "Thanks. I'll see you soon"

On the way to the room

Y/N: 'It's a weird scent. It resembled one I know, but that's impossible. It has been way too long. I'm excited about this!'

Guard: "Sir, this is your room. I will call you as soon as we are ready"

Y/N: "Very well, thank you so much"

As the guard closed the door, Y/N thought more and more about the scent he picked up earlier. Where did he smell it for the first time? It had been so long that his memories from back then were almost completely gone.