Chapter 44 ~I'm Sorry~

Start from the beginning

"Calm down, you're only twenty. And what do you mean? You can't tell me anything?"

"I can, but you know what I mean. You're a human being too. Sometimes you need a third party. Someone that you don't have any strings attached to. Sometimes you don't like what I have to say. I can't tell you that I'm scared because then you get all defensive. I can't tell you that I don't want to have to deal with all of this anymore because then you get mad and put a wall up between us."

"I don't like where this conversation is headed."

"You started it." I muttered. "All I'm saying is that you definitely don't have any need to be jealous."

"I think that's all I really wanted to hear."

"I figured. I miss the way we were in the beginning. When not everything was all about the gang. Back when I didn't have to worry about that stuff. And you were basically immune to it despite the fact that you were in the middle of it anyway."

"What can I say, you make me weak." Harry said, pulling into my driveway. "You know, it was the way it was back then because I did everything in my power to hide all of this from you. You didn't like me doing that. But now you don't like being involved? I don't know what to tell you. You brought this upon yourself, love. I suppose I could go back to hiding it from you but now that you know about it all already, it's not exactly like I can take that back."

"That's not what I meant." I grumbled as he put the car in park in my driveway.

"Then what did you mean?"

"I don't know, ok?" I huffed as he followed me to my front door. We threw ourselves down on the couch and I snuggled up to him immediately. Even though I'd been irritated at him lately, I still missed him.

"Well, let me know if you ever figure it out." he said.

"Stop being mad at me." I whined.

"I'm not mad. I was being serious." he chuckled. "You know I only want what's best for you."

"Yeah, ok." I muttered.

"I hate when you act like that's not true." he said. "I'm being sincere and you should know that by now. I know that I'm not what's best for you. I've told you that a million times, but you still want me and I can't keep what you want from you. You'll always find a way to get it somehow anyway." he explained with a smirk. I grinned up at him and ruffled his hair.

"Aren't you glad that I found a way to get you?"

"Absolutely, sweetheart." he chuckled, but then his tone shifted to a more serious one again as it was prone to do. "I hate this." he said, running his thumb over the now semi-healing cut on my thigh.

"It's just like when we first met. Do you remember that?"

"I do. I wish I could forget it and before you say anything, you know I don't mean the meeting you part. i could still tear Niall's head off for doing that to you. Every time I see that scar on your thigh, I want to knock him out. Besides... what happens now always seems to be worse."

"But I can handle it better now." I grinned confidently, making him smile back at me for once.

"You should probably just break up with me. Save yourself some time and misery."

"Awww, we're dating?"

"W- what do you mean?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Of course we're dating. We've quite literally h"

"It's just that you've never said it before. That's cute. You're cute."

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked, laughing.