Chapter 1.

Maahir's POV

"Dad I don't want to get married anytime soon. It's too early. Please understand."

"You are not getting married today itself. I only want you to come and meet the girl and her family."

"But why I have to meet anyone when I don't want to get married. Why don't you understand."

"We are going and that's final. No more discussion on this." He said while striding towards his room.

I followed him to his room but he slammed the door shut on my face.

"What the ...." I let out a frustrated sigh and retired back to my room. Because I didn't want to face his wrath now. 

Do I?

An hour later we headed towards our destination or more likely, to my father's, cause I don't want to meet anyone, let alone for the purpose of marriage.

We were outside their house and dad rang the bell.

A minute later someone around my dad's age opened the door and engulfed my dad in a big hug and him without any hesitation did the same, much to my surprise.

He never even properly smile at me, let alone hugging me. But it's okay.

Things were much different when mom was with us. We used to spend most of our evenings together and he was very joyous back then but after her, he buried himself totally in the work. Though we live together but we barely spend time with each other. Other than on the breakfast table and in the office.

I busied myself in the work too.

A/N
Hello readers.
This is my new book with a very different storyline. So I hope you can give it a chance. Yeah?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!🙈
I have no idea what's going to be in the upcoming chapters but I promise to make it good and intriguing.

Don't forget to vote and comment.