Chapter 1

"You okay Anastasia. You know you can do it!"

"I can't. I need to get home!"

"You can Ana, just one more and we done."

"Okay okay, one more."

I took one more glass. One more. Of. Shots!!

Everyone is screaming my name, knowing I can do it. My friend, Josephine here supporting me.

"Yasss, you go bitch." She screams into my ear.

How did I get here? In a bar, having drinks, beating Max Petersen. Well one for sure, he wanted a competition and he got one. For I am, Anastasia Williams.

The bartender poured our 15th vodka drink. Max looks like he could pass out any minute, same here with me.

Anyone can see that his face is turning purple. The stench of alcohol in the air smells sour. He's sweating like a pig. The crowd still cheers my name.

I drank the shot in one gulp. While Max is drinking in 2 small sips instead. Gotta girl, I'm soo gonna win this.

Our 16th shot has arrived.

I stared at the ceiling seeing something new, "I can see stars Josephine. Isn't that cool." Trying to distract my enemy.

Max puked when he looked up. The crowd cheered loud to my name. Max's friend hand our bet money.

"We did it." Josephine said.

The music played louder in the bar. Everyone was either drunk or kept dancing with their partners or total strangers.

It was cute that people are so inlove these days. I don't believe in that. It's not like they going to have a happy ending anyways.

"Im heading back home." I told Josephine.

"Already?" She replied.

I nodded yes. She accepted my decision and walked to the nearest guy.

Yes guys she's my best friend aka my post to be bodyguard. Is she doing a bad job? Nope, I was the one who forced her to let us go out. She really needs to get laid.

I took off my high heels walking on the sticky floor, great. There goes my life.

I walked out at the doors, eager to breathe in the fresh air.

Inhale.
Exhale.

I slide back on my heels walking home. Everyone was outside drunk. It's a Friday night. The air got colder and for such a dumbass am I. I forgot to take my coat from the bar.

I carefully looked around me, making sure I wasn't followed. I'm not post to be alone. My bodyguard must always stay with me twenty-four seven. I can not be in danger, again.

I frozed staring at a faded logo of a white snake on the building wall. Remember Ana, it's old.

I got to my apartment safely without being followed. Phew. I thought I was a goner.

I took a quick warm shower, scrubbing my body head to toe of the alcohol scent covered on me. Coconut body wash, you'll never fail me.

The time on my phone shown 12am. She's probably not coming home, I thought.

I got into my snuggling pjs with hot coco. Looking out at the window. I wanted to stay in a condo but didn't have enough money too. All I could afford is the groceries while Josephine pays for our rent.

A red flash shown on my laptop camera. Weird, was it post to be like that? She did told me they going to install cameras inside and outside the apartment. But inside the laptop camera?

The flashing stopped when I walked closer to the table. I focused so much on it, I didn't hear the door opening.

A hand laid on my left shoulder. "You alright Ana?" Josephine asked.

"Oh yes I am." I stared at my laptop. "Did you install the cameras yet?

"Not yet, why?" She answered.

"Oh nothing, thought someone followed me." I lied. She started lecturing me about not going alone and that it was her fault. Even when she's drunk. She always think straight.

I ignored her and started focusing on the laptop camera.

The red light flickered again. A huge bold text appeared.

Hello my asteriscus.

My eyes began bulging out of my sockets. It was weird. I stared at my roommates door hearing a slightly snoring coming from there. Is this a prank?

I wanted to switch off the laptop but a buzzing sound coming there sounded like it wasn't about to work.

I tried typing on the keypad but the letters didn't want to appear on.

Instead I tried speaking to the laptop. I know it's stupid but it didn't wanted to do anything.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Ense petit placidam sub liberatate quietem

"Urhh what does that mean?"

Nothing, soon it will be reveal

"You're weird. I'm going."

Trust no one.

I ignored that last bit. It's getting late. I must be dreaming.

I checked if the door was lock making sure I'm not being paranoid about the apartment.

________________________

Latin words (got from Pinterest; go up to look at the picture of the meaning )

asteriscus - A little star ; an asterisk

Ense petit placidam sub liberatate quietem - with the sword ; she seeks peace under liberty.

I do not know any Latin words personally but thought I could type something to make it more interesting. If the Latin words are wrong, you may comment so or simply message me for help.

If you enjoy this chapter, make sure to vote and comment what you think.💙

Share to friends and families.

Go check out That's her GxG to support my other book.

Hope you enjoy reading 🐢