Chapter 15

In the car on the way back to the boys London flat, I sit beside Michael as he continues to moan about how he could've won if his hand wasn't feeling so achy. I then sit in silence as Calum continues to repeatedly tell him that his 'dumb lie' was no excuse for why he was so shocking as the game. I can totally understand why Michael is so shaken-up by his sudden un-victory because, as i've heard, he's supposedly the gamer of the group, which means he must be totally distraught at the idea he has lost a game for the first time ever.

"Annie, you're quiet" Calum speaks, capturing me from my thoughts. "You okay back there?"

"I'm coping" I joke, causing a adorable laugh to escape the driver, Ashtons, throat.

"Will the big, huge asshole in the back please shut up" he jokes in a mocking voice. No word other than 'idiotic behaviour' can be used to describe this dumb bunch. They are stupid, and funny, and mean but over all, they are just such normal guys who love each other so much, almost to a weird extent, but I really do think that they are people worth sticking around for. They could be some really amazing friends.

Once Calum takes control of his shaky breathing, he turns in his seat and faces me once again. "Are you coming back to ours?" The look in his eyes gives me the impression that he wants me to go back to theirs and that makes me feel, as cringy as it is, really warm inside. The fact that they want to hang out with me as much as I want to hang out with them is something special.

"Yeah sure, if that's okay" I smile.

"No it's not. Go home" Michael moans with a hint of humour in his voice.

"Hmm no surprise that you don't want me to go back to yours. Seeing as though i'm about to beat you at every single game you claim you are 'God' at" I reply with a smug expression, only to receive multiple 'woahhhh's and 'oooooo's circulating the car. 

"She got you" Ash said and I didn't have to see him to know he had a huge smile on his face. "It's okay to be embarrassed" 

"Are you going red?" Calum threw at him.

"Shut up" 

* * * 

We pulled up outside and due to the routinely horrific weather, we all ran into the house in hurry to escape the blistering wind. As soon as we stepped inside, I made sure to take my shoes off in a polite manor but instantly realized there was no need to when I watched the others throw theirs all around the hall way.

"Honey, i'm home" Michael called up the stairs and I guessed he was talking to Luke. The idea of Luke coming to hang out with us made me feel a bit edgy. I'm sure Luke's the same as the other idiots and he was really nice when I first met him, but recently I just don't get good vibes. And the fact that I don't know what i've done makes me feel all the more uncomfortable knowing he's going to be joining us any second.

I watch the others as they walk into the kitchen/living area and slump themselves on the sofa, so I do the same. It amazes me when Michael walks to the fridge and asks if anyone wants any food. The fact that he is capable of continuing to eat and eat even after a meal leaves me some-what speechless. Everyone declines, including me, making me feel somewhat normal in the sense that i'm not the only one who doesn't eat their complete body weight in food.

Calum sits down beside me, Ash sits in the chair diagonal to us and, once Michael decides on his forth feast of the day, he plants himself on the floor in-front of us, opposite the telly.

"Hi" Everyone turns towards Luke as he walks through the door frame and I can't help but feel awkward as I watch his face fall when he notices me in the room. "Oh, I didn't know you were here" he says, expressionless.

"Well...I am" What a stupid thing to say. The others laugh at my reply but it makes me feel bad, like my comeback was an intentional dig at him, when it was far from it. 

He gives me a sarcastic smile, before walking infront on me and slumping down in the area beside me.

"Luke, can I talk to you for a sec?" Calum speaks, breaking the silence. I hear and exhale escape Luke as he reluctantly stands once again. They both file from the room and i'm left with the awkward aroma that was left behind. 

After eventually deciding on watching the film School of Rock. By this point Calum and Luke have rejoined us, strolling into the quiet room with nothing but straight faces. I mouth a small 'You okay?' to Cal and he nods at me, shooting a reassuring smile. We all sit in-front of the TV for about an hour before we quickly grow bored of the silent aroma. The rest of the day is spent playing video games and before we know it it's the evening and beginning to get dark.

Despite the fact I haven't known the boys long, I still feel like i've known them for years and already feel like I know them so well. I could hang out with them forever.