thirty-seven

Macy's pov-

It's been a day or two since the whole spider incident and everything has been going well. Although, I haven't seen Bailey since we fell asleep on the couch. He says that he has been busy.

I hear my alarm go off, and yes, this time it is actually my alarm instead of burning cookies. I turn off my phone and get out of bed.

I decided that I'm going to go to school because I have been absent lately and I kinda still wanna graduate. I get changed since I took a shower last night and grabbed my school bag.

I yawned as I walked out of my room and downstairs. I make it to the kitchen and since I am up before anyone else, I leave a note telling them where I am going. I grab an apple before I leave and make my way to my car.

I threw my bag in the car and got in. I start my car and right as I am about to leave, I hear yelling. I look up and see Arda running as me with her backpack on and trying to tie her shoes. I wait for her as she stumbles her way towards me.

She sits in the car and I watch her as she buckles up then takes a deep breath. I raise an eyebrow at her and she smiles. "I'm too lazy to drive," she said and looked back forward.

I laugh as I pull out of the driveway and down the street. "Of course, you're always too lazy to do anything."

"Hey," she whines and smacks me on the arm.

"Ow, no fair, I'm driving," I say as we make a turn.

"Haha," she teases as she sticks her tongue out at me.

I shake my head with an amused smile on my face.

We jam out to music on our way to school. Once we get there, we both get out and walk inside. We walk to our lockers and talk before the bell rings. While Arda is retaking Algebra, I'm on my way to Art class.

I walk inside and take my seat in the back, like usual. This time, instead of Cody sitting next to me, an unfamiliar face plops down on the stool.

I look up from my phone when he reaches his hand out to shake. "Hi, I'm Elijah, but you can call me Eli. I'm new here if you haven't noticed," he says.

"Macy," I reply shortly and shake his hand. I looked him up and down and I'm not gonna lie, he was pretty hot. I looked away while I listened to the teacher talk.

I got out of my sketchbook. Our task was to color something without drawing it first. After most of the class period, I was done, leaving me time to go on my phone till class ended. Or at least that was the plan until Marcus spun around in his seat to face me.

"Macyyyyyy, I'm bored. Like, really, really bored," he says dramatically.

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"I don't know, tell me a joke or something."

"Fine. What did the blanket say when it fell off of the bed?"

"What? I don't know," he asks.

"Oh sheet," I say, completely serious but Marcus bursts out laughing. After a couple of seconds, he immediately silences and looks back at me, expecting more.

"Nope, no more. Sorry Marcus, but you have a one-joke per day currency and you've kinda run out of passes," I say with a fake pout.

He turns to Eli sitting next to me. "Hi, I'm Marcus and I'm bored. Tell me a joke," he says looking like a child.

I also turn to Eli. "Sorry about him, you don't have to listen to him." I then turn back to Marcus and say," and the last time I checked, not everybody is your own personal Siri."

Eli laughs. "It's fine. I started a band called 999 Megabytes. We still haven't gotten a gig."

Marcus laughs again and a small smile spreads across my face. "Hey, I like you. You should sit with us at lunch," Marcus says to Eli.

"Sure. By the way, my name's Elijah but call me Eli."

"Cool beans. Macy, you have music next right," Marcus asks me.

"Yeah. We have to present a multi-instrument cover today," I say.

"Great, that's what I thought. Our class and some others are coming to watch because it was moved to the auditorium."

I groan. "Well that's just fucking great isn't it?"

"I seem to think so," Marcus smirks as the bell rings. "See you out there."

I roll my eyes as I make my way to the music room in the back of the auditorium. I drop my bag down and check the list to see when I am going. I happen to be going last so I sit down until it's my turn.

I hear my music teacher call my name and I get up from my spot. I walk on stage and wave to my friends, who are sitting directly in the middle of the crowd. I see that Eli is sitting next to them.

I walk over to the piano and start playing. I play for a little bit before I put it on a loop and get up. I start to stop, getting a beat set up, also putting that on a loop. Then I start singing. I'm singing my song choice. I continue to sing as I make eye contact with Bailey.

He has a surprised look on his face and I just winked at him. When I'm done with my performance, I step back from the microphone and walk off stage.

My music teacher congratulated me on my performance and asked if she can talk to me for a minute. We walk off to a quieter corner as my teacher mentions something about giving me a pass to my next class.

"Macy, that was great. I was wondering if you wanted to play in the winter show and possibly the end of year show when we get to it. I really think you have true potential and if you're interested I can give you the information packets on it."

"Um, I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to. I've been really busy just with simple schoolwork and applying to colleges. It's just a pretty hectic end of the year, especially graduating. Thanks for the opportunity, but I can't," I say.

"No problem dear, although I wish you could. If you change your mind, don't hesitate to come to find me. " She sighs and walks to her desk and grabs some papers. "Here's a late excuse for your next class."

"Thanks," I say as I turn and start to walk away. Well, I guess that I'm becoming quite the famous one, aren't I?

Word count-1153