twenty-seven

Bailey's Pov-

I was at my house, lying on the couch. Not to mention, drunk out of my mind. There were empty alcohol bottles on the floor that ranged from beer bottles to vodka ones. I didn't even bother with cups. I've been like this ever since I left the hospital. I haven't seen Macy since she almost died in my arms. I'm not going to lie, I miss her.

Everything about her. Her goofy, drunk smile. The way her eyes were usually alight with mischief. Just, everything about her. I was so worried and wanted nothing more but to see her but there is no way I could walk back into the hospital and not get bad memories again. Man, I was fucked.

I didn't know what I was doing; what I was supposed to do. There was no way I'm going to the hospital. I didn't even know if Macy was awake yet. I was too drunk and lazy to pick up the phone calls from Marcus and Nico. At least that's what I try to tell myself. The honest reason, I hate to admit it, but I was scared.

Scared that if I picked up that phone then I would get the news that I would have to live in this world without Macy. I didn't know if I could. I won't survive if someone else that I'm close to dies. After my sister, I went out of my way to protect the small group of people that I actually cared about. But I couldn't protect Macy.

This was all my fault anyway. With that thought, I sighed and grabbed the almost empty vodka bottle that was sitting on the table and chugged the rest of it. I threw it on the floor and it shattered. It sighed and I closed my eyes. I had a killer headache. Soon enough, I fall asleep.

~

I was roughly pushed off of the couch and I groaned. I was now on the floor, in a sitting position, resting my back against the couch. I leaned my head back and saw that Marcus was the one that had pushed me. He had a scowl on his face and I just rolled my eyes at him.

I sigh and lean my head back down so I was resting it upon my arms which were propped up by my knees. "Where the fuck have you been, Lee," he asked. Well, honestly, more liked yelled. Hmm, maybe even screeched.

"Where do you think," I reply, shortly and gruffly. He knows where I've been. It's not like I could've moved in the hungover state that I'm in.

"Well, you need to come to the hospital. Macy finally woke up," he said, sounding slightly relieved but pissed at me.

I chuckle darkly. "Why would I ever go back there? I doubt she even wants to see me. This is all my fault anyway," I say slowly with a shrug.

"This is not-," Marcus started but was cut off by his phone ringing. Loudly. Very loudly.

I growled and covered my ears. "Shut that thing up," I snapped at him. I already had a headache and the loud noises wouldn't help. I saw him glare at me before he answered the phone. After a good few seconds of someone speaking, he cursed under his breath. I was only somewhat curious but I really needed some painkillers.

I stood up and walked into my kitchen. I took out the painkillers and swallowed a few while leaning against a counter. I jumped away from it though, realizing that it was the same counter Macy and I kissed on. Macy is always in my fucking head.

I decided to walk back into the living room, where Marcus hung up his phone and another one called him. He furrowed his eyebrows together before picking up. His eyes widened and he pulled away from the phone, indicating that someone was yelling at him. He didn't say anything before the other number hung up.

He glared at his phone before I heard a car driving up. Macy's back. Now that she's out of the hospital, I'll go see her. Just that stupid ass hospital scene. I couldn't bear it. Marcus was still staring at his phone while he blew out a harsh breath and he angrily poked at his phone screen.

I started walking to the front door, only somewhat prepared to go see Macy. I was almost there when Marcus got in front of me and pushed me back. We were both glaring at each other. "So now you want to see if she's okay?" Marcus scoffed.

I didn't reply, just pushed against him with a clenched jaw. "Look, I know why you didn't like the whole hospital scene, but the least you could've done was pick up your goddamn phone. If you did, then you would've known by now that Macy was still recovering and weak. There's no chance we can let her get sick. So, before you are going, you are going to shower, change, brush your teeth, and get all of that fucking alcohol out of your system," Marcus growled out before turning me and pushing me in the direction of my room.

I sighed, knowing that he was right. I already threw up most of what I drank so the first thing that I do is walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Then, I follow the directions and shower. I got changed into some plain clothes once I was done and walked back to where Marcus was picking up some of the bottles lying around. It only took me a good fifteen to twenty minutes to get ready. You could say that I was now somewhat eager to see Macy again.

Marcus got another phone call. Wow, he sure is popular today. I wait for him to finish and when he does, he grabs my upper arm and pulls me out the door in a hurry while saying," We need to go now." I look at him to elaborate. He grumbles but compiles. "She won't talk, eat or drink. Hell, she barely even moved. The only reason that she has moved was to spite everyone telling her to take it easy."

Fucking hell, Macy. Didn't I already have a conversation with her about taking care of herself? I couldn't reply before I was being pulled through another front door. Marcus pulled me in before he shoved me towards the stairs. I glare at him while I make my way up. "Touch me like that again, and I'll break all of the bones in your hands," I growled then continued to Macy's room.

I walked to the room, which I know as Macy's. I knock but don't hear an answer so I just walk in. I hear the shower running and immediately go over to the bathroom. I hear the shower running however, I also hear her loud sobs. I bang on the door, needing to see her. I sigh and run a hand through my hair as I kick open the door.

I don't see her until I look at the shower. The sight breaks my heart. Macy's sitting in the shower, her clothes soaking wet and her face red from the tears. At least I thought that it was red from the tears until I walked over to her and felt the freezing cold water. "Macy, what are you doing? Are you out of your fucking mind," I say harshly. She doesn't answer me. She doesn't even look at me.

I curse under my breath when I pick her up. She is freezing and her bandages are covered in blood that soaked through her clothes. I set her down on the bathroom counter and she still doesn't acknowledge me. I sigh and start to undress her.

I feel her flinch as she looks at me questionably. When she calms down and gives me the go-ahead, I continue. I quickly wrapped up her wounds, making sure that they were treated correctly. I pull a hoodie over her head and pick her up. I set her on her bed, making sure not to hurt her. I pull the covers over her and try to get her as warm as possible. We'll be lucky if she doesn't get sick. I walk over to a chair and sit down, putting on a random show to watch.

It's not like I'm going to pay attention to it anyways. I was just staring at Macy the whole time. She looks at me with a curious face and I answer the question before she can ask it. "I'm staying whether you want me to or not, love."

I see her nod, accepting the fact that I am not leaving her alone. She lays back down but I just continue to stare at her. She's just too captivating to look away. I then see her shiver. I start to wonder how the fuck she is so cold and then I remember that she tried to freeze herself to death. I stand up and walk over to the bed as she watches my every step.

I take off my shoes and get under the covers. I pull her back against my chest and snuggle into her. "Better now," I ask and she nods. "Go to bed, love but I'm expecting an explanation tomorrow." She nods again before she snuggles more into me. Suddenly, I'm happy that the blankets couldn't keep her warm.

I breathed in her scent and let out a deep breath. I cuddle with her more as I think to myself, Tomorrow's going to be a long day. I need to know why she deliberately puts her health in danger. It needs to stop. Now. With that last thought, I'm out like a light. 

Word count-1642