twelve

Bailey's pov-

Right as I walk into the club, a small body pushes the opposite way. Not being able to see their face, I can still recognize who she is by the familiar blur of colored hair as she rips her arm out of my grasp and rushes away. I stare, watching for where she was going, my jaw clenched as my face is scrunched with confusion. Macy?

I turn back to the club, looking for Nico and Marcus. Of course, they are already partying, completely oblivious to what just happened. I roll my eyes as I walk deeper into the club. I look around and see Macy's friends. I walk up to one who is talking with an unfamiliar guy who has a bruise on his face. I lock eyes with the guy, already disliking him. He turns back to Arda, who's glaring at him, and says something before walking away.

I take his place, looking down at her. "What are you doing here," she asks, confused and, from the looks of it, pissed at her last conversation.

"I could ask the same to you," I reply, raising an eyebrow and making a gesture towards where Macy stormed out.

"Let's just say whenever we go clubbing it tends to go downhill and this time, it went fast," she says with a sigh.

"Why," I ask, still not getting the answers I want.

"Well, aren't you the curious one," she raises an eyebrow at me, "Let's just say that someone interrupted our night out and you could also say that he doesn't have the best relationship with Macy.

"Where is she now? Aren't you supposed to console your friend when she's upset," I question, wondering what type of friend she is.

"She had to go, just leave it. You don't know her like I do and trust me, if I went out there to find her, she wouldn't want to talk to me or anyone for that matter. She knows how to take care of herself," she glares at me.

"Then I'll go. I have her address, don't worry," I say and roll my eyes when she was about to cut in.

"You better keep her safe and if you hurt her in any way, I will c-," I cut her off before she can go on a vicious rant.

"Yes, yes, I know. I won't hurt her," I say before turning around and walking away. I stop by Nico and Marcus to tell them that I'm going and they'll have to find another way home. Marcus looked at me weird while Nico suggestively raised his eyebrows.

I walk out of the club, my ears slightly ringing from the transition from loud, overbearing music to the soft silence outside. I turn the way that I saw she went. Shoving my hands into my pockets due to the brisk air, I walk until I reach an alleyway. I take a quick glance and for some reason my heart breaks.

I see Macy huddled near the wall, her sobs loud and her body shifting with each one. I can't help but just watch her for a moment. The moonlight casting shadows against her face, the soft glow when it hits her tear stricken face. I just had to admire her. I turn and start to walk down the alley, being careful not to startle her. By the time I get to her, her eyes were closed and her tears stopped. My face scrunched with concern as I scooped her up gently.

I carried her over to where my car was parked. I shift her position so that I can unlock the car and open the door before I set her on the passenger side. I close the door and get in the driver's seat.

I start the car before looking over to Macy. Her eyes are still closed, covering her anomaly called her eyes; I've seen them yet I can't decipher whether they're blue, green, grey, or even sometimes they look purple. Her pink, slightly colorless lips due to the cold, are parted open. Her mascara leaked down her now reddened cheeks and her lipstick is a little bit smudged.

I can't help but look down at what she is wearing. Her black, lacey bodysuit paired with black jeans makes me wish that I saw her in the club instead of in the situation we were in now. And, can I just say, her shoes looked painful. That's when I see it. With a pained look on my face, I see her hand. Her knuckles are bruised and coated with dry blood. I sigh and look forward as I start to drive in the direction of her house.

A light is on in front of her house as I pull up. I see the front door open when I get out of the car. I shut my door before making my way to the other side and grabbing Macy out. I lock the car before carrying her over to her house, where I see a guy there.

"Who the fuck are you and what are you doing with my sister," he says and glares at me.

"I'm Bailey, your next-door neighbor, Nice to meet you and I found Macy outside of the club like this so I told Arda I would bring her home."

"Well, Bailey, it's nice to meet you. I'm Axel, her brother. Thanks for helping her out. I can take her now."

"It's really no problem. I can come inside and help her clean up the nasty wound on her hand."

"Thanks. Feel free to come inside and hang out," he said, welcoming me in. When we get inside, he tells me directions to her room. "I'm warning you; don't try anything stupid. You are in a whole house full of guys who think of her as a sister," he says, ever so slightly narrowing his eyes before smiling again and joining everybody else in the living room.

I hoist Macy up a little more so I don't drop her and I make my way up the stairs and into her room, using Axel's instructions. I walk into her room and look around for a quick second, analyzing the details. It's simple, sleek, and dark. As I gazed around, I saw the connected en suite and walked in, easily setting her on the counter. My eyes go up and down her body as I just now notice how lightweight she was. Putting the matter aside for now, I rummage through her drawers and cabinets, looking for some first aid materials. After looking for a couple of minutes, I found what I need: ointment and some wrap.

I grab her hand and carefully clean her knuckles sing some warm water and soap before putting on some ointment. I rub it in and grab the wrap, wrapping her hand as gently as I can. When I am done, I, once again, pick her up and walk her to her bed, setting her down and covering her with the comforter. I walk to her doorway and look back at her before turning the light off and closing the door, trying my best not to make much noise.

I made my way back downstairs and was met by Axel chasing Justin around, yelling at him. They make a lap around the house and from somewhere I hear Justin yell, " All I wanted to do was watch Frozen!" Axel shows up in front of me again and asks me if I want to hang out for a bit. I don't decline as I really don't have anything else to do tonight. I follow Axel into the kitchen as he tosses me a drink and grabs one for himself. We head back into the living room just to hear the Frozen soundtrack playing. 

Word count-1300