nine

Macy's Pov-

We walk together to English and we walk in, immediately going to two empty seats in the back row. A few seconds before the bell rang, Bailey walks in, sitting a few seats away from me. The teacher came in a few minutes after the bell rang and she tried to get the class to be quiet, her attempts failing. Arda and I just put our headphones in, ignoring class. We're reading Romeo and Juliet and I have read that book plenty of times before.

"Ms. Garner, are you even listening to me," I hear my teacher yell, breaking me out of my thoughts. I pull my headphones off when Arda nudges me and I see the teacher looking at me expectantly.

"Oh, you want my opinion," I ask and the teacher nods. "Well, actually, I think that it's neither a romance or tragedy. I think that it's about two young teenagers who were rebelling against their parents or were infuriated with the idea of love. Juliet wanted to rebel and Romeo was throwing a fit about love."

"But how? There is not really any proof of that whatsoever. I think that it's both. They both obviously love each other, making it a romance, but everybody dies or ends up sad, which makes it a tragedy," Someone speaks up. I turn to look and see that it's surprisingly Bailey.

"Romeo loved the idea of love. This was reinforced with the fact that he was love-sick for Rosaline in the beginning and then quickly got over her when the willing Juliet came along. Mercutio and Friar Lawrence are continual voices of reason on this subject and speak to Romeo of his fleeting romance. Why point that out if not to inform the audience of the superficiality of Romeo's love? And then, Juliet was rebelling against her parents. We get introduced to Juliet and almost immediately find out that she is destined to be married to a man she does not love and has barely met. We know that she doesn't desire this, she wants the chance to love someone of her own free will. And Romeo comes along. A perfect chance for her to choose," I say with a smirk on my face, knowing that I made my point, or at least thought I did.

"But Juliet can't rebel against her parents, 'cause she says that she wants to agree with her dad for marrying Paris, 'cause it will make him happy. And Romeo loves his family, so why would they kill themselves if not for loving each other?"

"The fact that their families are feuding only fuels their passion for each other because they are a forbidden romance. I doubt if they had no reason to stay apart, they most likely would have gotten tired of one another once their infatuation faded, as most infatuations do. They both killed themselves out of stupidity," when I finished my point, the whole class was silently staring at us. I roll my eyes when the bell rings, breaking my gaze with Bailey. I quickly grab my bag and head to my next class, which was Art. I only have this class with Marcus but he usually sits in front of me with some girl.

I walk in and once again take a seat in the back, the once next to me unoccupied. Well, at least that was the case until Cody, one of the popular kids, decided to sit next to me. "Yo, wassup," he asks as I turn to give him a look that says really. "What? I am just trying to be nice."

"You? I have never even seen you, let alone talk to you," I say annoyed easily. "And I'm glad I didn't," I add on.

"Are you sure about that? 'Cause your lips look so lonely. Would they like to meet mine," he says with a cheesy smirk and a wink at the end.

"Dude. Seriously? Pick-up lines? That's fucking stupid."

"Wow, you don't have to be so harsh. It was worth a try," he says with a hand over his heart, macking pain, and a pout.

"Well, I'm not Willy Wonka; I don't sugarcoat shit," I shoot back.

"Well aren't you just the sweetest." I glare at him.

"Yeah, sure," I say sarcastically, just wanting him to pick up his stuff and find another seat like one on the moon, or Mars. He gives me an annoyed look. He has THE AUDACITY the give me, ME, an annoyed look? "Oh, I'm sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth just like bullshit falls out of yours."

"Well-," Cody was cut off by an annoyed-looking Marcus turning around in his seat.

"Oh my god, can't you two just shut up for once?"

"I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you, I throw up," I said goofily, yet with a serious face. One thing people learn to know about me is that I don't really smile. I smirk, I goof around, but smiling is just not my forte. I just don't really see a point and if I do smile, it's very rarely.

Marcus raises an eyebrow, obviously unimpressed. "Did you seriously just quote Stand by Me?"

"Obviously, I wasn't going to pass up on the opportunity."

"That movie is so old and stupid," Cody adds on.

"Did anyone ask you," I ask, glaring at him.

"Nah but my opinion is a rare thing and you're lucky to get it."

"A 'rare thing'? You've been voicing your unneeded opinion ever since you sat down," I say glaring at him.

"Macy, don't," I hear Marcus warn me.

"Are you SURE I can't just punch him in the face?"

"Yes," Marcus responds.

"What if I just break his nose a little?"

Milliseconds later, what do ya know? My fist is in his face and I hear someone call my name. I pull my hand back as the teacher yells at me to go to the office and for people to help to get Cody to the nurse's office. Before anyone has the chance to leave the room, my brother walks in. "Axel, what the hell?"

"What the hell to me? What the hell to you," he says with wide eyes pointing at Cody. "Why is he bleeding?"

"Because he's an idiot."

"I didn't know that idiocy caused people to just start spontaneously bleeding from the nose."

"I think it's a new phenomenon," I say as I link arms with him and we started making our way to the office.

As we walk out of the classroom, with Cody trailing behind us, nose bleeding, I turned to Axel, "You're here earlier than I thought? Anyone come with you?"

"Yeah, a few people. They're waiting outside."

"Macy," I hear someone yell, easily recognizing his voice.

"Leo," I yell back as he runs down the halls. The bell rings just as he makes it to me, like in a movie. We pull each other into a hug.

"Omg, Macy. You'd never believe how annoying people got after you left. I could barely deal with them," he says, still hugging me.

"Yeah, I heard. Although last time I recall, Arda said that you were being the worst one after Justin left," I say with a smirk.

"Well, you know what people say," he says, blowing it off before chuckling. We finally pulled away from each other and before I know it, I am pulled into another hug. This one from my brother. It was short and sweet.

"We missed you, Macy. Ellie is doing good. So is mom," he says giving me a rundown of what has happened since I left. Apparently nothing much happened.

"That's good," I simply say before all three of us walk to the office. Axel signs us out while Leo enrolls everyone in the school. As they are doing that, I go talk to the principal about my behavior. It goes like most office visits: they scold me, I fake apologize, and they let me go due to me being a new student.

Once all of that is done, I tell my brother to take everyone home. "Seriously, Macy? I just drove for two hours from the airport with all of our friends who act like six-year-olds and now I have to deal with it again?"

I smirk, "Have fun." I give them a small wave. "I'll see you guys back at the house," I say. I at least need to finish a day of school.

Word count-1421