29: Freak

Y/n

Today is the day...

I'm 18.

I can't believe I've been here for a year already...

"Y/n, sweetheart, he's waiting for you." I hear the maid, Rosita, say and i shake my head.

"No, i don't want to. I can't." My voice trembles and she walks towards me.

"I know what today is but he promised you will be just fine." She hugs me and i let the tears flow.

"I'm scared, Rose. I'm so scared. W-What if he l-loses control and hurts me?"

"Sweetheart, i promise you will be just fine. He and i had a discussion last night and he promised he wouldn't hurt you." She soothes me with soft circles on my back and she pulls away to clean my face.

"Thank you, Rose, i appreciate everything you've done and risked for me." She smiles and she grabs my hand to lead me to the dinning room.

I hate seeing him, i don't see a human with normal thoughts and feelings, i see a monster.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up." He smiles and that is one thing I'll hand to him. He's very attractive.

"I apologize, sir, y/n just had to wash her face once more." Rose says and winks when i look at her.

She's the only person i trust here.

"It's alright, just take a seat, darling." He pulls out a seat and i hesitate but when i see his eyes flash with a soft look i make my way to the chair.

I mumble a thank you before he pushes me in and makes his way to the other side of the table.

"What's for breakfast?" I ask quietly and he smiles softly at my question.

Why is he all happy today?

Oh right...

Because today is the day

"Well, considering today is your special day, i thought you could choose." He says and i furrow my eyebrows.

"Wait but isn't it too late for me to choose?" I ask and he shakes his head with the same smile still on his lips.

"No no, i remember hearing you talking to Rosita and you said you missed the food back at home, so my chef managed to cook us up your favorite meal." He explains and i gasp.

"Waffles?!!" I grin and he chuckles with a nod.

I'm basically jumping in my seat as i see the other maids pass out the trays.

"Ohhh yeaahh, thank you thank you thank you! I love yo-" i gasp.

Oh no...

"I-I mean...thank you...for the breakfast, Shawn." I smile nervously and i inhale the sweet scent of the freshly made waffles.

"Don't thank me, it's my pleasure to see you so excited over the little things." He smiles and i tuck i piece of hair behind my ear.

I hate it when he makes me blush...

I wish i could control when it's ok to blush and not ok.

He gives me a curt nod for me to begin eating and i dig right in. Gosh it's been so long since I've had waffles. My mom used to make all different types of food and man if she opened a restaurant, she sure would be rich, but i remember her telling me why she wouldn't.

*flash back*

"Mmm" i moan as the soup touches my taste buds and i begin to wonder.

"Gosh mom, you're food is good enough to make you rich." My eyes roll back as i taste the chicken.