20. Realization

Shawn

    I lazily walk into my last period of the day and knew that this was gonna be another class that I nap in today. I yawned as I sat in my seat and tried my best to pay attention to the teacher, but my eyes slowly began to close until I couldn't hold back any longer and I put my head down, slowly falling into a deep sleep...

"Don't do it! Please don't! I'm sorry, ok?!!" I exclaim at the tops of my lungs, but she didn't hesitate to climb over the railing.

"You tortured me every day! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just jump and end it?!!" She exclaims with tears streaming down her red cheeks from the cold.

"I bothered you every day because I didn't want to admit to myself that I was falling for you..." I trailed off.

"W-what?..." she croaked in disbelief.

"I was so hurt from the past and when I began to develop the same feelings for a different person, I couldn't admit it to myself because I didn't want to get hurt again..." my voice cracks as I look up to her face of total surprise.

"Y-You're lying! Stop lying to me, Shawn! I've had enough!" She yells and furiously wipes her face, but she loses her balance.

"Y/n, watch out!! No!" I scream at the top of my lungs and dart to her before she could fall.

"Shawn! Don't l-let me go! Please help me!" She pleads desperately as my both hands grip onto her arm.

"I won't let go! But you have to climb up!" I say as I pull her, but her sleeve rips and a blood curdling scream is heard as I don't feel her warmth in my hands any longer.

"Nooo!! Y/n!!"

    I jolt awake with my body shaking in fear and the students stare me down as if I were some mental patient. My breathing was going crazy and my heart beat was going at an inhumane rate. The teacher scolded me with her eyes and when I heard the bell ring, I bolted out of class. My mind was set on one person and I knew her schedule like the back of my hand.

    I headed for the familiar hallway and people looked back, but went back to what they were doing because they didn't want to get into any trouble. This is why I fell for her... because she never hesitated to talk back or to defend what's hers. Everyone else here feared even the thought of me, but she didn't hesitate to tell me to fuck off.

"Where are you, y/n?" I asked myself and I suddenly remembered that it was the last period, so she was heading home.

Flashback...

"You tortured me every day! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just jump and end it?!!" She exclaims with tears streaming down her red cheeks from the cold.

"I bothered you every day because I didn't want to admit to myself that I was falling for you..." I trailed off.

End of flashback...

"I'm so sorry, y/n..." I whisper to myself as I run on the sidewalk to her house.

    I run and in a split second it felt as if everything stopped when I saw her walking. Everything came back to me and I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her as if it was the last time I could do such a thing. She gasped and her earphone fell out of her ear as my arms tugged at the cord.

"Don't move y/n...please," I whispered and when she heard my voice, I heard her gulp.

"S-Shawn?..." she said barely above a whisper and I furrowed my eyebrows as I felt my nose burn from me wanting to cry.