13: Desire

Y/n

    I make my way into the party and cringe at the sight of teenagers grinding on eachother and couples making out in the corners of the house. I gag as I see a girl sucking her partner's face off while they were dancing and immediately wanting to go back home.

"Would you please do me a favor and remind me why the hell I came again?!" I yell to my friend over the loud music and she turns to me with a smile.

"You came because you love me!" She yells back and I roll my eyes, knowing she was probably right.

    I walk away from her as she greets her boy-toy and head for a cold water. I sigh as I only see beers in the fridge and start checking the coolers. I eventually come upon something decent and shrug my shoulders at the Caprisun. Hey, at least it's not alchogol or something that can damage my liver.

    I make my way to the dining table and immediately regret my decision as I see a group of guys playing 'Chug the Jug'. My eyes widen and I turn, but soon regret it when I bump into a rock hard chest. I gasped as I was going to apologize but I trip on my own foot. I closed my eyes as I waited for the floor to meet my back, but open them slowly as I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me and keep me from falling.

"I gotcha, sweetheart," I hear and my eyes land on a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

    He looked down at me with his pearly whites out in show in a beautiful, mesmerizing smile. I stare and snap out of my trance as he pulls me back to my feet. He holds my hands and I look down at them making him look down too. He quickly lets go of my hands and I looked up to see him shyly rubbing his neck.

"Uh... I-uh..." I stutter and clear my throat as I notice I'm speechless.

"Uhm... Sorry, I didn't see where I was going..." He says first and clears his throat as I stare at him, amazed at what a handsome guy he was.

"Oh... uhm... i-it's fine, I guess I turned too quick," I speak up and he smiles back at me.

"Thanks for saving my fall," I laugh lightly.

"Ha, no problem, I mean I couldn't honestly let someone like you get hurt," he says and I slowly feel myself melting in my shoes from how flushed I am.

"Though I gotta say, I only thought things like that happened in movies," I nervously laugh and feel the heat rise from my neck to my cheeks.

"Looks like you thought wrong..." He trails off and I take this as a chance to tell him my name.

"I'm y/n... I would like to know what my savior's name is," I smile and he laughs. That laugh... it's like music to my ears.

"Well then, I'm Shawn," he smiles and I nod.

    I stand there awkwardly and blush even harder as I catch him looking at me. I fiddle with my fingers and he chuckles while clearing his throat.

"Not a party person?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nope, I hate them, if it's an informative party or not a party with teenagers sucking their faces off, then I'm good with it," I roll my eyes and he laughs.

"Not a person for PDA either, aye?" He smirks and I notice the 'aye' at the end and I immediately want to scream at how adorable that was.

"Whoever doesn't mind PDA is obviously used to being single or wants that in their life," I say and he laughs again making me smile.

"You're funny, but... Can I ask you a question?" He raises his eyebrow and my heart beat quickens.

"Shoot..." I nervously respond.