The Problem.

I hadn't forgotten the Blood Pact nor the agreement made to Yarishiro, but my thirst for blood was strong. If I try to hurt Sakura then the damage would automatically be inflicted upon myself. I wouldn't be able to last until we get to the elders, even though Sakura and I had been replenishing the Pact daily, a few morsel drops wasn't enough. Normal food was unappetizing and was not digestible.  Water made me nauseous, but it did delay dehydration. Starvation was immanent. Living off animals wasn't working anymore. I wanted, no I craved blood that wasn't from an animal. 

"Sa-Sakura..I don't feel so good." I whispered inaudibly. 

Naturally they didn't hear me. So I stupidly hid my illness and ventured forward.  After what seemed like hours passed we arrived at a small pond, Sakura decided to rest for a while. I disagreed with the idea as time was getting on, but I couldn't deny the fact that they needed to rest.  

Suddenly, there was a stabbing pain in my neck. I screamed out in pain and collapsed to the floor. My throat was parched and my head was pounding. In my ears was a high pitched ringing that got louder and higher. My body started to convulse vigorously and my mouth began to foam with saliva. 

Sakura had been at my side in an instant "Ikumi! Ikumi can you hear me? Yarishiro help her!" 

Shocked Yarishiro pulled out a healing orb and threw it at me in an attempt to restore my help. His efforts were useless. What felt like fire spread through out my body. As a result of suffocating I began to hallucinate vividly, ants invaded my eyes, nose, ears and mouth. 

"What's happening to her?!" Yarishiro whispered.

"If I knew i'd stop it, this is completely new to me!" She cried.

The hallucinations grew more and more violent, blood came streaming out of my eyes and ears. None of it was real, but the pain was. The skin on my back was slowly ripping, but why? The Pact surely stopped that from happening? If this was happening they could both be in danger.

"r-run" I managed to stutter. 

"Run? Why do we need to ru- wait why is there a pool of blood under you?" Sakura slowly turned me onto my side and witnessed my skin tearing slowly, muscles and nerves slowly split apart causing the tissue around it to twitch. "How is this happening? We need to help her!" 

"You're on your own. I'm taking her advice before I become a free buffet." Yarishiro replied. 

"Coward! She's your friend" I heard Sakura cry. 

"No. I'm not.  I never was, I was merely keeping her alive until I had to slay her." He sneered. 

I blacked out due to an excruciating amount of pain, I didn't know what had happened next. I didn't even know if I was going to wake up. 

                                                                       -Some time later-

Regaining consciousness was a difficult task, I was in so much pain. 

"Ikumi? Can you hear me? We have a problem the seal has disappeared, remember the Pact seal? It's gone. Did you break the pact? Are you safe to be around? Ikumi can you hear me?" Sakura had begun to shake my shoulders gently. 

"I can hear you fine, Pixie" I replied .

"Y-you called me Pixie..Ikumi is that still you?" She backed away slowly. 

"Yes child, I called you Pixie. You mustn't worry. I'm just ever so hungry" I stood up and noticed my beautiful wings shimmering in the light. My dress had changed to what it was before.