Final Moon-The Fog P1

The creature bared it's yellow teeth and positioned itself ready for attack. At once it darted and I drew my katana readying myself for a battle.

My katana unleashed my powers and I transformed. My wings had grown back from when they had been ripped out. They were fully functional and so were my powers. I had little time to act, my only choice at that moment was to dodge.

After I dodged it's attack as I plunged my katana into his chest seconds after its dark red blood dripped onto my blade. To avoid the venomous liquid from touching my skin I extracted my blade tearing the beasts flesh as it exited.

To my surprise the wound healed immediately.

"H-how?" I asked

The creature grinned and tilted his head as it lunged forward and sank it's barbed teeth into my shoulder. I was paralyzed. It's venom had taken effect instantaneously. My bow and arrow that Okami gave me were out of my reach. I thought that it was my time to die, but a spear was lodged deep into his back and through his demonic heart. The creature fell on top of me with it's blood pouring out on top of me like a red stained water fountain that was overflowing. I wriggle free as a hand appeared to pull me out with no effort expelled. As I rose to my feet I could see the spear that brought down my enemy it was stamped with a metal emblem with the letter S.

"Sakura! You saved me, thank you" I cried " I saw Yarishiro kill you or was that the Wendigo?"

"Me and Yarishiro saw each other die by your hand" She informed "it was the Wendigo."

"Wait, where is he?" I asked

"Uh he's busy fighting off two of the Wendigo's. He gave me direct orders to find you." She answered.

"Shouldn't we assist him?" I laughed

"No..I think he's alright on his own" She laughed nervously

We waited for Yarishiro to show. It took him an hour to show his face.

"You're hurt Ikumi, you need to be healed" he observed.

"I'm a vampire. I'm self healing." I replied "I'm more concerned about you"

"Me? I'm fine. I healed myself. I'm a Mage don't forget" he said

I nodded in acknowledgement. Whatever just happened could only be the beginning. We slaughtered the rest of the Wendigo's with victory. Red blood splattered everywhere.

"Well, that was unexpected" I remarked "I guess legends and myths are real after all"

"You can say that again" Yarishiro laughed

"At least none of us actually died, I mean Ikumi nearly died. That's alright though" Sakura teased

"Wait, what?" I wasn't paying attention and completly missed what she said.

"Oh, it was nothing important" Yarishiro replied in a fit of laughter.

"We have to focus. Treat the fog like it's a game with separate levels. Seeing as most things are separated into fourths. I assume there are four levels" I began "The Wendigo's were the first level. Therefore we have three more levels to win"

"She's a smart one" Yarishiro replied with a smirk.

"Shut up, before the second level we need to rest and restore our strength, Sakura can cast a security barrier that will protect us for the meantime" I added.

"Well, it's pitch black I suggest we go forward at sunrise" Sakura decided

"Good idea, it's not a fair battle if we go fourth in the dead of night" Yarishiro added.