XXII: Nick

I whip the cloth across the table, spraying some cleansing spray and wipe it clean. As I did this and tried to block out the cafe noise, my phone starts to ring. I grab it from my pocket and answered it without checking the caller, I balance it with my shoulder as I grab the tray and started putting inside some dirty plates.

"Hello?" I say as I finish cleaning off the table and started making my way back to the kitchen, moving around people and occupied tables.

"Nick! Oh my god, what are you doing right now?!" Demi's voice shouted through my phone and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I set the tray of dirty plates in the sink.

"Uh, I'm working?" I say, but it came out more like a question as I rolled my sleeves up and started to wash the dirty dishes.

"Well are you almost done?" She asks me in a urgent voice, I glance at the clock and saw that my shift was almost over.

"Uh yeah, I'm almost done. Why?" I say and finish cleaning the dirty plates, I dried off my hands and rolled my sleeves down.

"Uhm uh um well cou-could yo-you go to t-the sto-store for me?" She squeaks out, her voice embarrased. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I shrug on my jacket and beanie after putting on a hoodie and was out of the door.

"What do you need?" I ask her as I started walking to a near by store.

"T-Tampons," She stammers and I stop dead in my tracks, my eyes widening as my mouth opens and closes in shock.

"Y-You don't have to get me them! Its alright if you don't want to! I'll jus-" I cut her off.

"N-No, its o-okay, I'll get them for you. Do you need anything else?" I ask her as I push open the door, walking inside the warm store and heading for the girls section.

"Nothing else, thank you Nick, god your a life savior!" She says and I smiled as she hangs up. I put my phone back in my pocket and look at all the tampons.

Um, which one should I get?

"Uh," I mumble as I grab one, looking at the packet with confusion.

"Woah that's too big, are you sure your lady needs tampons that big?" A lady with red hair and brown eyes says, next to me as she points at the packet in my hands.

"Uh well, I don't know what to get her, all she said was she needed some tampons, could you help me out?" I ask her, smiling sheepishly as she laughs. She nods and grabs the packet from me, switching it with another one.

"Now that's one better," She says and I nodded.

"Thank you Miss," I say and smiled at her, I walk around her and started down the aisle.

"Damn, the girl who has him is damn lucky, look at that ass. Mhmm," The lady mutters behind me but I choose to ignore it as I headed to the check out. As I set the tampons on the counter, I look down at all the different chocolates and decided to get some for Demi. Girls like chocolate when they're on their period, right?

After I bought it, I headed for Demi's place. I knocked on her door but she didn't answer so I grab the knob and turn it, it was open. I step inside, closing the door behind me before taking off my jacket, beanie and shoes then I called out to Demi.

"Demi? I'm here, where are you?" I called out to her as my fingers tighten around the bag.

"In the bathroom of my room!" She yells out and I followed her voice. I enter her room and look for her bathroom, the bathroom door was opened just enough for Demi to stick her hand out. Walking over to her, I handed her the bag and she quickly grabs it, shutting the door after her.