III: Demi

'Goodnight Nick.'

'Goodnight Demi,'

Nick immediately replied and I smiled, locking my phone as I threw it on my bed. I sigh, taking my hair and putting it into a messy bun as I shuffle to my bathroom. Splashing water to my face, grabbing my toothbrush and washing my teeth. After I was finish, turning off the lights I went to my room and collapses onto my bed.

Nick was, in a way, mysterious and secretive.

I saw the hesistation on his face when he shook my hand, I knew that look on his face. Probably wondering if he could trust me and believe me. I wouldn't blame him, he must've gone through something tough to hesistate and have that look of worry.

And I was hesistated at first too, I just didn't show it but after seeing him beat the crap out of that dude in the ally, I knew he would protect me and be there for me. I was hoping to know that he wouldn't hurt me, that he won't leave me brokenhearted. I'm glad I had the balls to introduce myself to him, I wanted to get to know him but didn't know how to approach him. At Sweet & Swift, he rarely talks, always working hard and only spoke when is spoken too.

Hell, he's not the only one that observe their surrondings.

Sighing, I turn around and glowered at the cieling. I'm so glad I ran to New York, so, so glad I could escape home. Really am grateful that I could get away from him, at least I'm away from him now.

I look at the chair in the corner of my room, where Nick's leather jacket laid. I forgot to give it to him when I was leaving his apartment. I'll give it to him later, when he's at the cafe again. I turn on my side to look at my windows that overlook New York's skyscrapers. I will always be awed by this view, always.

Waking up the next morning, I didn't feel like going out and looking for a job. Since I decided to be a lazy ass, I got into my sweatpants, hoodie and unmatch socks before stumbling into my living room. The heater in my aparentment wasn't enough to keep my teeth from clattering against each other. I woke up damn cold, not even a warm shower could take it away.

I sigh, falling lazily onto my red couch and stare blankly at the tv for what seem like hours on end. A ding interupts me from my ID channel, glancing at my laptop that was on my right, I saw I had an email.

Smiling, I immediately knew who it was.

It was Maddie, my little sister.

Getting up, I went over to my desk and sat down on my chair, quickly opening my email.

'Hey Dems! How's New York?' - M

'It's great! How's home?' - D

'It's alright, I miss you though. :(' - M

'Aww don't worry babe, I'll visit soon or you guys just visit me! You know I always dreamed of living in NYC. I miss you too, more than you think!' - D

'I'll try to convince mom. Have you found a job yet?' - M

'Not yet, lol no one hires me and I don't whyyyyyy xD' - D

'Because you suck at anything related to math xD' - M

'I know right?' - D

'How about singing? You could like idk sign to a record label or something like that?' - M

'Why? Did you hear me sing before?' - D

'DID I HEAR YOU SING BEFORE?!?!?!?! GIRRRRRRRLLL YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF A FUCKING VOICE YOU HAVE! IT'S FUCKING INCREDIBLE LIKE I'LL KILL JUST TO HAVE A VOICE LIKE YOURS! YOUR ALWAYS WAIST DEEP IN YOUR MUSIC!' - M