XI: Demi

"Come on! Please?!"

I grince as I look at Ezra, he was pointing to the ferris wheel at the right of us. I wasn't a big fan of these kind of rides but since Ezra was pouting and begging with those puppy dog eyes so I really couldn't say no.

"Alright, just one ride." I say, giving up as he shouts excitedly. He grabs my hand and tugs me to the line, dragging me away from Xavier and Nick. We were having so much fun here, it was the last day before they close up Coney Island and won't open until next spring.

"Awesome, let's go!" He says and we waited until we were on the ferris wheel. My eyes widened as we went up and I grip onto the bars as Ezra giggled madly next to me.

"Oh my god we're so high!" I squealed, gripping onto the cold bars. Ezra giggles beside me, pointing in front of us at the city.

"But the view is awesome!" He says, smiling widely at me. He was right, the view was spectacular. New York skyline stood in front of us, it's skyscrapers hanging in the distance, its city lights lighting up the cloudily sky. It was really beautiful.

"Want me to hold your hand? You look scared," Ezra says and I look at him as he gives me a soft smile. I nodded sheepishly and he grabs my hand, squeezing our fingers. He's so cute, I can't even handle his cuteness.

It was really cold but we were gonna go and get a cup of coffee now to get warm again. Once we were on the ground again, Ezra hand still wrap around mine, we walk back to Nick and Xavier.

"Hey guys," I say and grin at them. Ezra swings our hands back and forth while Nick and Xavier drank their coffee, Nick hands me my coffee while a hot chocolate to Ezra.

"Demi was scared so I'm holding her hand so she won't be scared anymore." Ezra say, smiling proudly at them while I blush.

"Yeah uh not much of a fan of those rides," I say sheepishly at the two men in front of us chuckle.

"Come on, let's head to that cafe over there so we can get warm." Nick says and we nodded before starting to follow him. A guitar's strum soon caught my attention and I turn toward it, I stop walking.

It continues to strum and a man was playing the guitar, a guitar case in front of him, opened.

"Wait," I say and they stop walking, turning to me as I drop Ezra's hand and walk to the man.

"Can you like play that again?" I ask him and he nods, I grin while handing my coffee to Nick. He gives me a confuse look but I just smiled at him.

I started to sing.

"I'm standin' still without you

In the emptiest of fields

I wish that I could say what's on my mind

The straw that fills your heart

So you never have to feel

You say that you just need a little time," I sing and stop as I saw a crowd formed around us slowly, I smile a little before looking at Nick, I motion him to join me. He shakes his head, gesturing me to continue but I pout at him. Xavier rolls his eyes at Nick, Ezra on his shoulders and he gives Nick a shove toward me, mouthing 'sing with her you twat,' and I giggle a little. The crowd gives a few cheers as Nick joins my side and smiles at me, he starts to sing and I let him.

"Days like these I bury my

My each and every word

And hide them underneath these lonely trees," He sings and I grin at his voice, it was incredible. He let's me take the next verse.