Another loud sound like a Beater's bat hitting a knee cap fills the air and curiosity gets the best of me. I peer into the window of the boathouse and I choke on a scream. The sight before me was a punch to the gut.

All I could see was blood and snake.

Severus was on the floor with Nagini striking at him with her fangs repeatedly. I have no one else but my godfather. My godfather who took care of me and read potion ingredients and preparation as bedtime stories.

When my grandfather and Missus Zabini couldn't take care of me, Severus always stepped in with his brooding frown and uninterested tone but despite that I knew he enjoyed coming to visit. I knew he cared like I cared for him.

He's like my father.

It was like I was possessed by Godric Gryffindor himself. One moment I was standing my hand grasping Draco's, the next thing I know, I'm bursting into the boathouse leaving Draco and lunging for the snake with my Basilisk fang.

Clearly, I was not cut out to be a reckless Gryffindor.

I wrestle on the ground with a livid Nagini. I was losing with how massive she was and how her tail was coiling herself around my body. Her tail was slowly choking the air out of my chest. If I was being completely honest, I knew I couldn't take the beast of a snake. I was fueled purely by the thought of protecting my last remaining family member.

Using that as my motivation, I twist around and wring the snake enough to hurt her.

Enraged, she manages to lock her fangs into my wrist but I don't scream out. I was blinded and numb with rage.

Draco frantically tries to pull Nagini off by her tail and starts shooting spells but it rebounds. The Dark Lord has her under a powerful enchantment. No spell could penetrate her scales.

Instead, Draco bravely grabs for Nagini's head and frantically starts digging his fingernails painfully into her eyes.

When the damn snake was finally distracted enough to let go of my wrist and turn to Draco, I stab the basilisk fang on her head.

It let's out a pained hiss and starts thrashing around hitting Draco.

We pull back but I charge back and thrust the fang onto her twice for good measure until she crumbles into a black dust. Draco and I cough violently and jump away from what used to be the Dark Lord's snake.

I don't get a chance to celebrate because I hear my godfather cough. It sounded more like he was drowning in his own blood. The very sound weakened my knees and shattered my heart.

Turning towards him, I choke back a gasp my tears falling down rapidly from my eyes. "Draco!" I scream desperately trying to stop his neck from bleeding by pressing my finger on his wound.

Nagini struck him at his throat.

"DRACO!" I scream louder and he hurries to Severus side.

Draco flicks his wand doing quiet incantations that I can't seem to hear because of my loud sobs.

Not my godfather.

Not him.

I already lost my grandfather. I cannot lose Severus Snape too. Images of my childhood with him flashed before my eyes and even more tears fall.

He had to walk me down the aisle. Severus said he would.

Severus Snape waves Draco off with one hand and reaches for my cheek. My tears were falling so quickly I could barely see him.

"I-I am s-so proud o-of you, Kally." He breathes out in pain. Talking looked too painful for him and I try to quiet him. "L-Listen to me."

I nod my lips quivering while my hands couldn't stop shaking.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

"You are t-the d-daughter I never h-had. I.... love you."

With his other hand he pulls out a vial and pushes it at Draco who still tried to continue his healing spells. Confused, Draco looked between the two of us and pauses when he suddenly sees the tears falling from our godfather's eyes. It was silver and almost glowing in the moonlight.

Draco brings the vial to our godfather's face collecting the tears. Seeing the vial completely filled, a small smile comes to Severus' face and his sad eyes scan my face one last time before he suddenly close them.

The hand he had on my cheek falls limp and I'm lost in a sea of tears and screams. "No! Severus! No!" I wailed pulling on godfather's robes. "Draco! Do something!"

Draco had to pry my hands off and crush me into a hug. Draco whispered calming words but it fell on deaf ears. "Love-"

"He promised! Severus promised he wouldn't leave me!"

The tears didn't stop until the Dark Lord's voice echoed through the halls threatening and giving Harry Potter one hour to surrender himself or Voldemort would kill everyone if he fails to comply.

-

Draco tugs at my hand. I didn't realize we had already returned to the burning Hogwarts Castle and making our way up to the Headmaster's office.

Once inside, Draco pulls me to a black leather couch and brings a glass of water to my lips. "Drink, love."

I clutch the silver filled vial in my hands absentmindedly drinking from the glass Draco offered.

It wasn't part of the plan. Severus Snape dying wasn't part of the plan. Voldemort was supposed to come after me for the Elder Wand not him.

I drown in my own despair. I planned it almost perfectly. We've destroyed almost all the Horcruxes. It was only Potter now. I kept all of my friends and family safe- except, except my own godfather.

Draco yanks on Dumbledore's old pensieve and offers it to me. "When you're ready."

Could I handle another emotional hit? Shouldn't I wait?

If my plan fails completely and we all die, I would forever regret not seeing what Severus wanted me to see. I sit up straighter and pull the cork off with one hand.

Draco smiles and kisses my hand. "I'm here when you get back."

-

Author's Note: Unfortunately, we are nearing the end everyone. This marks the last 10 chapters of this story 😭