Dean Thomas and Neville Longbottom rush forwards yanking on a screaming and crying Ginny Weasley.

"Ginny, that's enough. You'll get into trouble." Longbottom whispers in her ear.

The Weaslette sneers spitting near my feet. "I almost forgot you're the Headmaster's whore."

"Shut your mouth, bitch." Greg roars taking an intimidating step closer to her.

Vince cracks his fists, his jaw clenching angrily. "Wench."

I tilt my head smiling at Ginny Weasley. My reaction surprises her and I continue to walk closer to her until I'm able to lean down to her ear. "I used Sectumsempra and watched him fall from his broom." I pull away and wink, a true Slytherin smirk twitching at the sides of my lips. "Have fun crying about your dead brother tonight."

The fear in her eyes sent a delicious shiver down my spine.

-

After our Dark Arts class, Warrington approaches our group with hands on his pockets and a lazy grin playing on his lips. "Hello, trouble. Who do you plan on replacing my post? Got anyone in mind you want to scare?"

I roll my eyes at our dear friend. "Harper."

Cassius pauses for a moment trying to remember Harper and nods. "He's alright."

Draco scoffs taking my school bag from my shoulders. "Aggressive and has loose morals. Just like you and Marcus."

Cassius chortles shaking his head. "Probably the reason why I landed my new job."

"Congratulations on landing the most cursed post." Blaise chuckles casually leaning on a wall.

"Will you watch the try outs tomorrow?" Daphne asks while she inspects her already perfect nails.

"Of course. It'll be different this year, Kally." Cassius warns looking around to make sure it's just us. "They'll be brutal and bias."

"Aren't they always?" Blaise says cheekily.

Cassius frowns. "This year you won't have Madam Hooch on your side. She won't call fouls."

"Good thing Headmaster Snape will be there." Draco mutters irritably. "Besides, Slytherins are used to playing dirty."

-

At tryouts the next day, many Slytherins came. Amongst them was Harper standing tall and confident behind everyone. I wasn't very close with Harper. All I knew about him was that he's a fourth year pureblood and he flies like he was born for it.

I let Draco instruct and threaten the Slytherins opting to stand back and watch everyone. This year was our last year to play for Slytherin. It meant we had to find someone young but talented. Someone who could lead the next generation of Slytherin Quidditch players.

As usual, there weren't any girls again this year. Like Daphne, most traditional pureblood families don't believe that girls should join sports. If my mum were alive she would never let me own a broom much less use it.

I stand beside Draco and we mount our brooms.

"Try and catch up."

I lavish on the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair and the adrenaline rush that pumped at the mere anticipation of flying. For the longest time, summers were dedicated to Quidditch. I could have replaced Moran this summer. I could have been flying for the Bats. Instead, I killed Dumbledore, Ronald Weasley and Bellatrix Lestrange. The closest I had to flying this summer was an aerial fight with seven Potters. I push my broom to it's limits leaving everyone else.

As expected from our trainees, Harper was easily catching up to our pace. He was even faster than Greg and Vince.

We resume our usual routine with Harper coming out on top. He could make the most goals on Theo and could keep up with Blaise and I's formations.

"He flies like a Seeker." Draco comments when we start to deliberate on the candidates.

"Wicked reflexes and has a sharp eye." Blaise adds with a yawn. He obviously wanted to meet his new lady of the night.

Vince groans grasping his arm. "He's hard to aim bludgers at. He's too fast."

Theo leans down at the list we were looking at. "There's a sixth year that has a better built not as aggressive as Harper though."

"We can't take a sixth year. He'll graduate next year and won't have that much impact." I tell them crossing out that bloke. "We're not just replacing Cassius, we're looking for the next Captain."

The next day at the Great Hall, I toss a newly sewn Slytherin Quidditch robe to a chewing Harper who gasps and catches it midair.

"I made the team?" He asks with tears in his eyes. Around him people were clapping his back.

I smile giving him a nod.

"Congratulations, you won by default." Draco teases while Greg and Vince wrestle our new Chaser in a headlock.

Blaise passes by and grins messing up Harper's hair. "Welcome to the team, pal."

"What are you still doing eating? We have practice." Theo says with a smirk.

Harper immediately jumps up from his seat and hurriedly runs to stand beside us his smile big and eager. "I can't believe I'll be flying with the Kallista Emrys! You're a legend."