Chapter 2; Journey to Big Bear

Start from the beginning

While stretching I looked over at what my brain had earlier processed as a warm pillow, only to find a sleeping Damien. His arm was still slung across the back of my seat and I could clearly see the spot I had been laying up against him, my head rested against the center of his chest. He was laying at an awkward angle in the row, his body facing diagonally, fitted into the corner where the seat and wall of the van meet. His head was no longer pressed against the window, but on the seat back an extra jacket still being used as his pillow.

Someone cleared their throat behind me, snapping my head in that direction I found Courtney, Olivia, Keith, and Noah all staring at me with expectant looks.

"What?"

"We asked you a question," Courtney smiled.

Poking my side Shayne laughed, "guys leave her alone, she was just admiring the beauty that is Damien Haas." He couldn't finish his sentence with a straight face, "Sorry, Y/N. It's just a weird thought to think of my two best friends having romantic feelings for each other."

Shaking my head at him I pressed my palms into my cheeks, knowing that they were burning with color, "who said anything about romantic feelings? Maybe I just think he looks really cute right now? I mean, he was kind of forced into being my pillow."

Noah and Keith laughed at that, "yeah, and he looked like he hated it so much!" Noah smiled.

"Just get married already, geez. Don't make us stand around and watch you two hopelessly pine for each other," Keith rolled his eyes.

Snorting I turned around fully, my knees now resting on the seat bench, "sure, right after you propose to Noah." I smirked as Keith and Noah now looked awfully bashful at my teasing.

Matt joined in our conversation, "oh, that's the thing Y/N. Noah and Keith clearly have some unresolved sexual tension between the two but, no one is ever supposed to mention it. It's kind of an unwritten rule." Everyone laughed at this and I watched Noah and Keith's faces both heat up very quickly as they looked everywhere but at each other.

I slapped a hand over my mouth when a sleepy groan came from Damien, looking over at him I watched as he brought his hand not resting on the back of the seat up, moving his glasses so he could rub his eyes. Slowly he blinked open his eyes, they seemed to immediately find my own. Slowly one side of his mouth tipped up into a smirk while he readjusted his glasses back into place.

"Sleep well?" I asked, watching as he slowly pushed himself up from his reclined position to sit normally against the bench.

Chuckling he nodded, pulling at the jacket from behind his head, "you know, now that you mention it, yeah. I suppose I did. I seemed to have gained my own personal heater throughout my nap." Smiling I just turned back around in my seat knowing that my face was flushing again.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I rubbed at the back of my neck and looked down at my lap.

Sighing Damien just shifted in his seat, his arm finding it's way to the back of my seat, "oh, that wasn't a complaint. Anytime you feel the need to cuddle for warmth, I'm your guy." Shayne fake wretched at this statement making me slap the side of his knee with the back of my hand.

"Get a room!" Courtney yelled, nudging my back in playfulness.

"Alright guys, we're about forty-five minutes away. Now that everyone is awake I'm going to start a vlog," Sunny smiled, turning he eyed Damien and I, "we're all great friends excited to spend time together...as friends." He squinted before turning and starting to record on the small, hand-held camera.

Turning my head I caught Damien's eye long enough for him to wink at me before turning and joining in on the excitement of the beginning of the vlog.