Chapter 4: Sudden Realizations

(TW: Deadname mention/homophobic parental comment mention, mention of death)

*Roman's POV*

Roman: Logan... Ok, I'm Roman and this is Anx.
He gives me a nod then looks at Anx confused.

Logan: Anx?

Anx: Uhhh... Yeah. It's a name I gave myself so Ro wouldn't have to call me Ghost all the time.

Logan: You have no memory of your past life or name?
Now it's Anx's turn to be confused

Anx: No... do you?

Logan: I never had a past life. Not really. I died at birth so I was immediately turned to a ghost. I was raised by a women who calls herself FairyGodmother. According to her, I stopped physically aging about a year ago at 15, I'm 16 now. You however, should remember your past life. You should at least know your name.

He sighs, and looks like he's having a slight internal conflict.

Logan: This is truly bothersome... so I'm going to inform you about some things.
Anx nods, but I can tell he's just as confused as I am.

Logan: First off, your name is Virgil.

*Anx's POV*

As soon as he said that my brain was flooded with voices.

"Hey Virgil!" A women's voice.

"How was school today Virgil?" A male's voice.

"Virgey! Come see what I made!" A little girl's voice.

Over and over I hear all these different voices saying my name.

"Virgil! No!" The three most constant voices speak in sync. Then suddenly everything's silent.

I open my eyes, that I didn't realize I had closed. Roman looked extremely concerned and Logan was just staring at me.
If there was ANY emotion there, I couldn't see it.

Roman: You ok Anx?

Anx: Y-yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Virgil. I remember now. That's my name.

Roman was a mix of shock, concern, and confusion. Logan stayed as emotionless as ever.

Virgil: When Logan said my name... I... I heard a bunch of different voices. They were all saying my name. There was... a man's, a women's, and a little girl's voice who were the most common.

Roman: Who were they?

Virgil: I... I don't know. When it finally stopped it was with those three yelling "no" at me.

Logan : That's when you died.
That was a little blunt. 

The silence that filled the room was thick and tenuous.

Virgil: Uhh... Ok...

Roman: Virgil... I like it. I'll still call you Anx if you want me to though...