29

I picked up Oliver finally, after I had called Hadley and gotten her permission to take him. His school is weird about that sort of thing. Then again I guess it makes sense, wouldn't want some stranger taking a kid and ending up in the Sunday morning news. I get it. Anyways they finally let me pick him up after a few texts and calls.

"So what do you normally do after school buddy?" I ask him looking in the mirror to see his face looking out the window watching other cars pass by.

He shrugs," do my homework if I have any, I don't tonight. I would be going to my friends house but he's sick."

"Well, maybe you me and your dad could do something." I pull into a parking spot outside of their place and turn off the car.

"Can we play monopoly? And have pizza for dinner?" He asks me excitedly and undoing his seat belt.

Even Oliver knows how to treasure the little things. "Sounds like the perfect thing to do."

* * *

I don't know how often Hadley's family plays monopoly, then Oliver is just a young one. It's an understatement to say he plays by a different set of rules. His dad is perfectly content in following he made up rules. Such as you don't have to buy all the same coloured places in order to build. As well as you have to act out the actions of your player. The race car, you have to vroom past. The dog, you have to bark. So on and so forth.

Just as Hadley's dad barks past the go space a knock on the door indicated that pizza has arrived.

"I've got it." I say to then and stand up fishing my wallet out of my pocket. I open the door and behold the pizza. "Here you go." I say to the delivery guy after we trade money for pizza.

"Enjoy the pizza man." He says before leaving. I bring the box in and set it down near the game board.

"Don't we need plates and stuff?" Oliver asks, his dad and I laugh a little.

"You can just eat it right of the box Ollie, no need for plates when you're eating pizza from the box." His dad said taking a slice.

Oliver excitedly grabs a slice and stuffs his face. I also take a slice and enjoy the taste of the melted cheese with pepperoni and peppers. I hope Hadley is having as much fun as the three of us. Just as I start thinking of what jessica and Hadley could possibly be doing my phone buzzes in my pocket. I put my slice down on the pizza box while my hands with a napkin and take my phone out of my pocket. Hadley's face, a picture of her sticking her tongue out in a silly face.

I slide to answer and get up to walk into another part of the small apartment. "Hey, I was just thinking of you." I say to the phone.

"Awe ain't that just sweet." I can see her now just smiling as she's talking. "How's everything over there? Olives not to much trouble is he?"

"Not at all, we're having a fantastic time. What about you, enjoying your time with Jess?"

"Oh Dustin it's wonderful. She really knows how to relax and enjoy herself, we went and got our nails done, a nice facial. Got smoothies. It's great Dustin, thank you for among me go." She talks with pure happiness.

"I'm glad you've enjoyed yourself. Are you girls hacking some dinner?" I ask picturing the greasy pizza.

"Oh yeah we're going to a dinner, then I think we're done."

"Text me when you are and I'll come pick you up. We can hang out for a bit at my place." I say to her.

"Sounds perfect." She says.