Chapter 8: Divided to Unite?

(Swipe for the Song! Listen while you read!⬆️)
Background Music: Best of Me By BTS

The second week of college, I was looking around hopefully to not get noticed by Eric. I haven't seen him around ever since that one part of the day that we met. I maybe thought that he left the university because of me. I was kind of happy but I was still a bit upset. I wanted him but I didn't anymore. What is wrong with me? Can't he just see that I just want our regular life back? Today was a usual day, I went to the cafe for breakfast and came to the university. Somehow, I had a feeling today would be different. I was walking across the bridge and the warm breeze was passing by. I had my books in my arms, I was a regular college student. It felt like a fairytale but I already knew how it was ended. I looked up and saw Eric walking towards me. He looked shocked as well. I thought that he left the university. I quickly looked away and tried to walk past him. Thankfully I did.

"Y/n. . . . ."

I stopped walking and my body froze. I never thought he'd ever say my name again. "Can you look at me?" Eric said as his tone was softly heard. I turned back slowly and looked at him. He was already looking at me. "You still look funny." He shook his head and chuckled. Unbelievable. I thought he would be nicer, what a way to pretend. I gave him an annoying face and turned around as I started walking away from him. He ran up behind me and grabbed my wrist. "Yah! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It's just.." he chuckled but tried to stop laughing. "What is it? You're wasting my time, Eric." I said to him and taking my arm back. "You have something on your lips. Let me get it for you." He approached me which made me flinch. "Don't worry." He wiped it off me and handed the napkin to me. "Did you have breakfast?" He asked me gently smiling. "Yes. Did you?" I kindly asked him back and took the napkin from him. "Don't worry about me. I'll see you around. Study hard." He smiled and walked away. I started to think why he was acting so different. I looked at the napkin. 'I didn't have anything on my lips though..' I said to myself as I remember applying lipstick on after eating. The napkin was not dirty but it had a writing on it. "What's this?" I quietly asked my self reading the message.

"I am sorry. Please help me. Please love me again..."

I didn't understand. I looked back up to see where Eric was. He vanished. I was confused but I was worrying. 'Stop worrying. He's just wanting attention.' I said to myself. I wanted to throw the napkin away but I thought that I should just keep it for evidence. I went to my class and kept thinking about it. 'Does he actually need help?' I thought. I couldn't come to a conclusion. "Psst.. Y/n." Chaeyoung whispered to me. "What are you thinking about?" She asked me trying to figure what I was thinking about. "Nothing.." I said to her as I picked up my pencil and started writing. I didn't feel well so I asked the teacher if I could get some water. I went out and went to the water fountain. I heard a conversation going on, I didn't think much of it but then I heard his name.

"Eric, where were you?" A girl quietly asked.
"I was kinda late, sorry." He said replying to the girl.

I quickly hid behind the wall as they walked past me. 'Is that Yeji and Eric together!?' I furrowed an eyebrow and I thought he changed. He's always the same no matter what. I quickly got some water and went back to the classroom.

*After the day*
I went back to my house. My assistant was late so I went for a quick walk around the track field. There was some people doing laps as well but I didn't mind. I was enjoying the air and I was clearing my mind. Suddenly someone touched me. I was startled by it. "Oops. Sorry." He smiled and giggled. "Eric?" I was confused. "You didn't expect me. I'm sorry if I scared you." He said having his hood over his head. "Are you not hot?" I asked him. "No, I'm okay." He smiled and walked along with me. I kept quiet since it was kind of awkward. I let go of the grudge and accepted it. Even though he may be my ex-husband or my husband, I had to realize that we should be kind people no matter what. A couple minutes of walking together, he broke the silence. "I'm sorry, For everything. I know it may be awkward to you but to me.. I feel like it is still normal to be around you even though we've been separated for a awhile." He talked as he took a breath. He then sighed and looked at me. "Are you not going to say anything?" He chuckled. I looked at him with a shocked expression. "Oh! Sorry. Haha! Ahh. Really?" I said embarrassed. "Mmh. I get to be free for awhile. I still have to look at my surroundings but-" he stopped talking. "I mean, I'm happy to be here. I didn't expect to see you. So it was surprising." He started laughing and scratching his head. "Mmh. By the way? Do you still talk to Younghoon and Hwall?" I asked him. He looked at me with a surprised face. "Actually, we all are recently hanging out again." He smiled. 'So I was the one between their friendship, now that I'm gone. They all reunite.' I thought to myself. "Do you still hang out with Q? I know you, Rosé and Chorong still do." He asked me as he put his hands in his pocket. "No, he's been busy. I understand that." I couldn't finish my sentence when suddenly my phone went off.

"I am here." My assistant texted.

"Sorry, I have to go. My assistant is here. It was nice talking to you again. Talk to you soon." I smiled politely at him. "Oh, don't worry about it. Get home safely." He smiled back at me. "I turned around and started walking to the car. I wanted to look behind me and I did. He was walking to the bleachers. There was a group of girls. I knew I couldn't trust him anymore. He's just using me. I watched for a bit and he suddenly stopped and talked to them. I couldn't believe it. I opened the door and went inside. Why did I let him talk to me? I took one last glance at them and realized that one of the girls was Yeji. I should have known... I took the napkin and looked at it. I put it back in my bag and quietly looked out the window. 'Eric, I want to know...'

To be continued...