Chapter 9: The "Unexpected" Guest

(Swipe for the Song! Listen while you read!⬆️)
Background Music: Love Scenario By IKON

The next day I didn't see Eric around. I thought this was very unusual. I remember I had the tissue that he gave me, it was in my bag. I didn't care at that time. I didn't even want to look at it. 'Why does he make me feel like this?' I thought as I began walking to class. Many students didn't attend today. Maybe most of them are taking late classes. I don't know what it is but I'm just here to study for a timing. There's only about ten students here, its usually 45. I spent a couple of minutes here. Everyone suddenly started to enter the room. They were all talking and smiling. Chaeyoung came up to me and she seemed excited. "Hey, did you hear? Eric is planning on having a dance party tonight! We need to go. We can make up the assignments later. Shopping is what we need to do now." She said as she dragged me along as I grabbed my bag.

After we shopped, it was already around 5:30pm. "Chaeyoung-Unnie? Do I have to go? I don't really want to." I said giving her a embarrassing smile. "Come on! Let's just go have fun. I want to hang out with him and with you." She smiled and took us to his new house. "His house is huge." I looked around in shock. "Yeah. He didn't even tell me he bought a new house. Amazing though." She said as she opened the front door to everyone glancing at us. "Y/n's dress is so pretty. Chaeyoung's is simple but sexy too." Everyone complimented us.

We all had fun but the host wasn't even around

We all had fun but the host wasn't even around. Suddenly the door opened and everyone was shouting and yelling in excitement. They crowed around the big entrance by the front door. It was Yeji and Eric.

(Imagine Yeji Wearing this with her hair down)

"Woahhh Yeji!! So pretty." Many people complimented her. Me and Chaeyoung made our way to see them. Chaeyoung shoved her way through and went to Eric. "Excuse me guys. Thanks for attending my cousin's party! We appreciate it but please if you can back away and give them space. Let's just enjoy the party right now." Chaeyoung told everyone when I was in shock to hear her say 'cousin'..

Everyone backed away and I didn't think Eric expected to see me. He looked my way through the crowd and his eyes grew a bit wide. I looked away as fast as I could and followed behind many people so that hopefully he would lose me. "Ah." I was grabbed and I looked back.

*Eric's POV*
"Yeji, I'm going to use the bathroom. Talk to people if you can?" I pretended to walk to the restroom. I decided to go look around for Y/n without getting caught. I suddenly found her and grabbed her by her wrist.

*Y/n's POV*
"You scared me." I took my arms back. "It's rude not to greet me when it's my party." He smirked. " 'hello' are you happy now?" I rolled my eyes remembering about yesterday on the track field. "Let's go into my backyard." He whispered into my ear and he dragged me outside in the yard.

"I didn't expect to see you

"I didn't expect to see you." He shyly chuckled. "Really?." I slightly smiled. "I'm sorry about being mean. I really am. I really want to speak to you. About everything. Yeji is busy with her friends, I thought maybe I could hang out with you." He put his hands in his pocket and we both walked down the path around his garden. "So I'm just a second choice?" I sighed softly. "What?! Why do you think this way?" His voice raised. It made me blush but somehow I knew he wasn't good for me. "How come? Did you leave Yeji for me?" I asked him calmly. "If I came find you, did I leave her?" He said walking besides me. He made me laugh. He made me feel special. "You know, I really missed this old side of you. You changed in such a short amount of time. I remember the day when we loved for the last time. The next day you completely changed. I really apologize if I did something wrong.." I said with all my courage. I tried to stop the tears but they fell down my face. I couldn't keep it in anymore. I kept walking as he stopped and watched me continue walking. "Y/n." He said which made me to look at him. As I turned he was already walking up to me. He suddenly hugged me which made me cry even more. "Please don't cry. I didn't mean to hurt you this way. I'm sorry. Please." He hugged me a little tighter. "I love you." He said as he lowered his head onto my shoulders. My heart was beating. 'He said it.' "Do you mean it?" I sobbed into his chest. "I mean it. With all my heart." He broke the hug. "Do you love me back?" He looked in my eyes. I looked at him. I felt some what uneasy. I found out why. Yeji was behind him which made me saw her since his back was towards her. Her tears were slowly coming down on her face. "Eric, you know that I-" I couldn't. He isn't mines anymore. "Say you do." He looked sad. "I.. I don't." I looked down and I saw his fist balling up. "You can't. I know you do. Y/n look at me and say it again." His eyes were tearing up. I looked at him. I knew something was wrong. He didn't look like himself. He looked lost, hurt, and I could tell it in his eyes that he missed me. I looked behind him and Yeji was still standing there. She didn't even realize that I was looking at her. "You're not mines, I don't-" I was interrupted quietly by the drop of tear from Eric's eyes. I looked up. Eric's eyes were filled with tears. "I can't have it like this." He whispered to me. "Did you read the napkin?" He whispered with temper. I was shocked. "Are you okay?" I softly whispered back. Yeji came from behind and grabbed onto his arm. "Baby, what are you doing? Let's go back inside." She smiled through the pain as there was still tears on her face that she didn't wipe. Her eyes were sparking with the smiled she had on. She then looked at me. "Y/n. I didn't know that you would be here with Eric." She wiped her tears on her cheek. "It's hot so I came out here for air. I was sweating for a while. Thanks for making sure he was safe out here." She tugged on Eric's sleeve. He didn't want to go. He scoffed and yanked his arm from her grip. He faced me confidently.

"Y/N. Do you love me!? Answer me honestly."

To be continued...