Part 26

"We did it!" He exclaimed and threw his arms around me. I returned his embrace.

Jimin pulled back a little and looked into my eyes. He slipped one hand behind my head, his fingers laced through my hair, and leaned in. His plush lips gently grazed mine.

"I love you so much."

His lips returned to mine as if pulled by a magnetic force. It felt right. His embrace felt like home.

Jimin, the love of my life. The one person I could trust and confide in more than anyone else. The man I was planning on spending the rest of my life with.

Everything came rushing back to me.

Jin, my friend from third grade, who later became more of a pen pal until we lost touch altogether.

Yoongi, my partner-in-crime, who introduced me to Jimin and re-introduced me to Jin.

I pulled back feeling lightheaded.

"Y/n?" A startled look on Jimin's face, he asked "Are you okay?"

My head was spinning and stars crept in from the periphery of my field of vision before everything went black.

***

My head was throbbing.

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in a dim bedroom, lying on a bed that was not my own. Next to me, a small black bunny.

"Come on, Kookie." I scooped the sleeping bunny into my arms and stood up from the bed. I stumbled a little, but managed to make it down the hallway to the living room where everyone was sitting and talking.

"It was like they never saw a wolf before!" Namjoon's loud laughter filling the room as he slapped his knee. The others laughing along with him.

"Noona!" Taehyung jumped up from the loveseat and rushed over to greet me. "You're awake!"

A sweet, innocent smile on his face, Taehyung enfolded me in a hug.

"Watch out, Tae. Don't crush Kookie."

"Sorry, Kook." Taehyung gave the bunny in my arms a gentle pat on the head. With a dopey grin, Taehyung then patted me on head as well. "I'm glad you're better, Y/n-noona. I'm sorry if we made you worry more."

While my memories were coming back to me, there were still some blank spots. I could remember meeting the boys, how our friendship blossomed, joining them on the occasional mission, but the time between Jimin leaving and reappearing as Stanley the Cat was all a blur.

"It's okay, I'm just glad we're all together again." I gave him a friendly smile, and he grinned back to me. I glanced down at the bunny I was cradling, "How long was I out? Has anyone tried waking Jungkook?"

My eyes scanned the room, briefly making eye contact with each of the guys before settling on Jimin. His eyes wide, he practically jumped from his seat on the couch and hurried over to me.

Jimin placed his hands on either side of my face, his eyes searching mine. I couldn't help but blush a little at his actions. I was never a fan of PDA, and this felt a little too intimate given our audience.

A tear slid down Jimin's cheek.

"You remember?"

With one hand supporting bunny-Jungkook's weight, I held him out for someone to take. My other hand wiped away Jimin's tear.

"Yes, I-"

Jimin's hands quickly moved from my cheeks to my torso, pulling me into a tight embrace. His lips met mine for a quick kiss that was much too short. Audience be damned!

I wrapped my free arm around Jimin while he buried his face against my neck. Jungkook still in my other outstretched hand.

"Little help?" I slightly bounced my arm holding the rabbit. "Take him, please."

Namjoon obliged. I wrapped my arm around Jimin's waist as soon as Namjoon took the rabbit from me.

"Oh shit!"

Namjoon fumbled the rabbit, dropping him to the carpeted floor.

I tapped Jimin on the shoulder, and he released me from his hold. I knelt down next to Namjoon, who was hovering over the rabbit.

"Kookie, are you okay, buddy?" I asked quietly as I slowly reached out to gently touch his little bunny head. His eyes opened.

The prone rabbit started to shiver and grow larger, slowly transforming into the shape of human.

It was always unnerving watching any of the guys transform. The way their bodies and faces would contort until they settled into the desired shape.

Their mission to destroy any and all of the research related to the scientific study that had given them their abilities was understandable. I wanted to help them make sure that no one else would have to go through a similar experience.

It was dangerous, but necessary.

Jungkook sat up. "Who dropped me?" Rubbing his eyes with his fists, Jungkook let out a yawn.

I chuckled and ruffled the younger man's hair. "Joonie."

Jungkook's eyes snapped open and he looked around the room. The realization that he was no longer at Kronos causing a broad smile to spread across his face.

"What took you guys so long?"