Part 18

"Huh, she figured that out a lot faster than I thought she would." The Jimin on my right chuckled.

The Jimin on my left sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Real Jimin.

Turning to Real Jimin, I asked, "Jimin, I thought you could only change into animals?"

He smiled at me, clearly proud that I was able to tell the two of them apart. "Correct. I can only change into animals."

I turned to Yoongi-Jimin, and examined his face. Grabbing his chin, I pulled him closer to get a better look. It was uncanny.

Glancing at the real Jimin as a reference, they looked identical right down to the moles on his forehead. But something wasn't quite right.

"You hold too much tension in your brow. Relax your face." I released his chin. "And don't scowl. Jimin doesn't scowl, he smolders."

Yoongi rubbed his chin. "What the hell does that mean?"

"I'm not sure how to explain it accurately. Less angry, and more sexy?" I patted his cheek with a grin. "Try sweeping your hand through your hair. He does that constantly."

"Yeah, he does," Yoongi agreed, then attempted running his hand through his hair, but it looked weird. "How's that?"

"You're too stiff." I turned to Jimin, "Can you give us a demonstration, please?"

Jimin grinned and ran his fingers through his hair. "You think I'm sexy, Y/n?"

"I think you're adorable!" I put my hands on either side of his face and squished his cheeks.

Jimin was not amused.

"Oh, oh okay. I understand smolder now," Yoongi said and we both laughed. Jimin's checks tinted red with embarrassment.

"Alright, Yoongi. Not that I don't enjoy being in a Jimin sandwich," Pretty sure this is what dreams are made of. "But, how about you change back, then tell me the truth about all of you, and how I fit into your guys' rescue plan?"

Yoongi sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Much better. But you're not planning on going into Kronos looking like Jimin, right? That seems like a terrible idea."

"Yeah, that would be a shit plan." Yoongi agreed.

His eyes started to subtly change shape as I stared into them. I watched the transformation as long as I could before it became too unnerving, forcing me to look away.

"The plan is to go in as Blake Jordan. I stole an unassigned key card today when they gave me a tour of the lab."

"Starting your internship with a bang?"

"I like to make a good first impression," Yoongi chuckled. "So, I'm going to encode the card with his credentials, and find Taehyung and Jungkook."

"This sounds like a one-man job." I glanced over at Yoongi, his facial features still showed a trace of Jimin with a hint of pain.

"Everyone will have a role," Jimin said quietly.

"You two will be in a van in the parking lot. We're going to need to tap in to Kronos' security cameras, that's where you come in. Jimin will feed me directions since he is the only one that has been in that part of the lab."

"Sorry, how am I tapping into their security cameras?"

"I made a device that will route the feed to a nearby receiver, and you will be able to manually tell it to start a loop. To the person watching the footage on Kronos' end, it'll look like nothing happened. But if the loop is too long it looks suspicious, so you'll need to monitor the cameras on the escape route to make sure people don't just pop onto the screen in the middle of a hallway."

"Sounds like something out of a spy movie and totally fake. Have you tested it? How are you going to install it without getting caught?"

"I made it a while ago, but we tested it again last night at Jin's house. He had no idea Hoseok and I were there." Yoongi shrugged as if it was no big deal. Like breaking into people's homes was a normal Sunday night activity.

"Jin-hyung is going to go in saying he is there to test the fire suppression system, and he'll install the device. We've used it before and he knows how to install it."

"And you guys think Kronos will just let a random guy check their fire sprinklers?" I looked to Jimin to see if I was missing something.

"Jin-hyung can be very persuasive," Jimin said slowly, choosing his words carefully.

I slowly blinked. "Don't make me read between the lines. Just say what you mean."

Yoongi snorted.

Jimin cleared his throat. "You know the folklore about sirens and mermaids luring sailors to their deaths?"

Where the hell is he going with this? Is Jin a merman?

I nodded and bit my lower lip to keep the sarcasm from spilling out. All the run-around they had been giving me had my patience worn pretty thin.

"When he concentrates, he can convince people of anything." Yoongi answered. "It's like pheromones or something. As long as the person has a sense of smell, he can manipulate them with his words."

"Wait." I stood up from the couch, and turned around to face both men. "Are you telling me that Jin isn't actually handsome?"

Yoongi glared at me, while Jimin gasped for breath from laughing too hard.

"No. He really is that good-looking."

I narrowed my eyes at Yoongi.

"I believe the term is 'Worldwide Handsome.'"