Part 20

Maybe it was the whiskey, but looking at the three men seated on my couch in front of me gave me that moderately nauseating feeling of deja vu. Like we had all been in my living room like this before, only we were happier. Did I dream it?

"Y/n?" Jimin's sweet voice broke through my thoughts, his eyes full of concern. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Namjoon and Yoongi's heads snapped to attention, both turning to look at me with wide eyes.

"I'm okay." I smiled. They must be really afraid of ghosts. "I think it's just the whiskey taking affect."

Namjoon relaxed a little, stretching both arms out across the back of the couch. Yoongi continued to sip on his drink, while Jimin kept his focus on me. His almost adoring gaze made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

I cleared my throat, "So, Namjoon, how are you and Hoseok going to cause a distraction? What are your super powers?"

Yoongi snorted at my word choice and muttered, "They're hardly super powers."

Ignoring his friend, Namjoon replied, "Like the younger guys, I can turn into animals-"

"Can you turn into a giraffe?" Yes, the whiskey was getting to me.

The look of utter confusion on Namjoon's face was beautiful. His mouth hung open about an inch, and his eyes looked blank. His head swiveled between the two men on either side of him, checking to see if he had missed something. I had to resist the urge to clap in delight.

Jimin giggled.

"Well, y-yes," Namjoon stammered. "I can. But your ceilings are kind of low."

"She's drunk," Yoongi grumbled. "And she thinks she's funny."

"I am funny," I whispered to myself.

"Anyway, I'm going to turn into a bear or mountain lion, and go into the Kronos lobby." He grinned proudly, his dimples on full display. "Hoseok will make sure everyone is appropriately terrified, and chaos will ensue."

"How will he do that? Can he turn into a dinosaur?"

Namjoon gave me a haughty look before leaning toward Jimin, and asking in a hushed tone, "Have you ever tried?"

Shaking his head, Jimin grinned at me. His eyes twinkling. "Hoseok is more like Jin. He can alter people's moods with his voice."

"What?" Has Hobi been manipulating me this whole time? Is that why I agreed to help them?

Seeing the fear in my eyes, Jimin continued, "But he can't do it that often. It takes a toll on his body. He has to really focus his mind and energy. That's why he's not here right now. He went to bed early to prepare for tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

Yoongi finished off his whiskey on the rocks, the ice cubes clinking against the glass. "We're doing this tomorrow. That's why we're telling you the plan now."

"Okay." I nodded to myself. "Okay, so you guys are a bunch of idiots. Okay. Okay, what the hell? Let's do it."

"Great." Yoongi stood up from the couch, empty glass in hand. "Hobi will come by at 7:00am. We'll meet at Jin and Namjoon's place and run through the details again." With that, he walked into the kitchen, and I heard the light clink of the glass being set down in the stainless steel sink.

Yoongi came back into the living room to give me a hug good-bye, before going to the front door to put his shoes on. Jimin jumped up to see Yoongi out.

Namjoon watched Jimin leave the room, and moved to the edge of his seat, motioning me forward. I rolled my chair closer. In a hushed whisper, he said, "Jimin is like Jin and Hoseok. Just don't let him touch you. That's how it works."

We both sat back, my eyes fixed on Namjoon's. What. The. Hell?

If they were going to keep dropping bombs, I was going to need another drink.

"I should get going, too." Namjoon stood right as Jimin walked back into the living room.

"Are you sure, hyung?"

"Yeah, Chim. You two should get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day."

I stood up and followed Namjoon to the front door. He quietly slipped on his shoes, only stumbling once while trying to balance on one foot.

Pulling me into a tight hug, Namjoon whispered in my ear, "Be careful."

Then he smiled and waved at Jimin before stepping out the front door.

I paused at the front door after locking it. Be careful? Of Jimin? If he's dangerous, why are they okay with him staying in my apartment with me? Do they really care about my well-being, or are they trying to get in my head?

"Y/n?" Jimin asked, stepping closer to me, his hand reaching out for mine. "Are you alright?"

I pulled my hand to my chest. "I'm fine, Jimin. It's just a lot to take in, and I'm a little buzzed."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Jimin, tell me about your other abilities."