Chapter Nine

Gee awoke with a killer headache.

She moaned, sitting up and holding her head. This was totally unfair; she hadn't drunk anything!

"Here," Lindsey walked over from her bed, pressing a few painkillers into Gee's palm and she swallowed them gratefully. "Crazy night?" She asked, and Gee shook her head. "I didn't drink, Lindsey."

"Yeah, getting baked still makes you feel like shit." Lindsey said, and Gee frowned. "No it doesn't," Gee protested as she made her way to the sink, cupping water into her mouth with her hands.

"I'm going to go get food," Lindsey pulled on a sweatshirt and slipped her feet into some sliders. "Want me to bring you anything back?"

"No, thanks." Gee shook her head. She wasn't hungry.

"Suit yourself," Lindsey shrugged, leaving as Gee pulled out her phone, checking her messages. The first was from Frank, telling her to let him know when she wanted to hang out. She'd to that in a minute, once the room stopped spinning.

Gee went back to her messages, but suddenly froze. The note on her screen made her feel like her heart drop had just dropped into her stomach. No way. No fucking way.

stay away from frank, fag. he only likes real girls.

Her breathing suddenly shaky, Gee checked who it was from.

Unknown number. Obviously.

Gee sighed, leaning back on her bed. She was alone – Lindsey and Jamia were at breakfast – which meant Gee could finally shower. But maybe it was the headache, or the fact that someone here knew her secret, but Gee didn't feel like showering anymore.

Not knowing what else to do, Gee pulled out her phone and began dialing (which took fucking forever because the numbers for international calls are long as fuck). "Bert?"

"Gee!" The voice on the other end shouted. "Why the fuck has it taken you so long to call me?"

"Sorry, sorry," Gee apologized. "It's just that I mainly text these days and – "

"You know I can't text you," Bert said, and Gee snorted. Sure, international text was expensive, but not impossible. Friendship was the worst part of being a third-culture kid, as almost everyone you met would leave the school within a few years. "You have Whatsapp," Gee pointed out, but Bert shushed her. "How's your American camp going?" He asked, and Gee smiled. "It's been fun, Bert."

"Anyone I need to beat up?" Bert asked. "You know, Australia's only ten-thousand miles away."

"No, everyone's nice," Gee replied. "Plus, I met this one guy . . ."

"Oh, Christ, Gee," Bert barked a laugh. "You've been there – How many nights, now? And you're already trying to get in someone's pants?"

"Um, more like the other way around." Gee snorted.

"Ah," Bert agreed. "So, you've fucked him?"

"No! I mean, of course not, Bert." Gee said, before adding. "He doesn't know."

Bert understood immediately. "Gee," He complained. "That's something you tell someone before you start dating."

"Excuse you, I get to decide who fucking knows, and who doesn't." Gee said sharply, too ruffled to correct Bert on the fact that she and Frank were not dating. Bert replied, "Okay, okay! I'm sorry, you're right."

"Ugh," Gee exhaled quickly, her words coming out rushed. "Someone found out, Bert. They told me to 'stay away from Frank' because he only likes real girls or something and I am freaking the fuck out – "

"Slow down." Bert said. "Frank doesn't know, right?"

"I don't think so." Gee shook her head, and Bert nodded. "Alright, that's all that matters. But I think you should tell him, Gee."

Before Gee could say anything else, Bert sat up quickly, shouting "Sorry!" to someone off-camera. "It's almost midnight here, Gee. My brother's yelling at me for keeping him up, I have to go, sorry!" He hung up and Gee groaned, putting her phone in the charger before thinking better of it and texting Frank.

G: Want to meet somewhere??

She would tell him. Soon.

woOOwowow whOs texting her i wONderrrrr ¿¿

also school starts tomorrow and iM not okAy

vote for them speeder rights

here's an absolutely horrifying photo of daddy longlegs i found while trying to find a cute photo of one and make a "oh look it's mikey" joke.

daddy longlegs facts because they deserve rights even though they arent spiders:

1. they don't produce venom or silk = not spiders

2. some people call them grandpa greybeards (definitely prefer daddy longlegs over thAT)

3. they live in packs (aka the photo)

hopefully ur night was ruined by these horrible facts

(wattpad wont let me upload another gif so here's the visual: someone pokes a big, brown mob and it dissolves into hundreds of daddy longlegs who start running in every direction).