Chapter Five

Gee leaned against the door, running her hands through her hair nervously. Fuck, why was this so hard? It wasn't fair that this had to be so stressful. Swimming was normal – Gee deserved to be able to go swimming whenever she liked! Why couldn't she just put on a fucking bikini like every other girl on the planet and make inadvertently sexual jokes to Frank?

Gee reached to open the door, her fingers brushing against the knob before she thought better of it and sat down on her bed with a sigh. One year until she could start HRT. Three years until she could get bottom surgery. Then she'd go swimming every day and no one could fucking stop her.

Taking a deep breath, Gee stood up, marching out the door confidently. Fuck Frank and his fucking flat chest jokes; he probably had a short dick anyway.

Gee looked around as she walked, taking in the atmosphere. It was hot, and the wind was doing nothing but blowing around the hot air. She came across a few people, and smiled at them as she passed. It made her happy to know that every single one of them looked at her and saw a girl.

Gee hoped that everyone in New Jersey would see a girl, too, when she started school in the fall. Gee had lived in New York until she was twelve, and there she'd been known as Gerard. It wasn't until she'd moved to Argentina that she began to introduce herself as Gee.

"What took you so long?" Frank asked when Gee finally reached the lake, and she rolled her eyes. "Why'd you get here so early?"

"I didn't!" Frank protested, running over to the dock. Gee followed. "So, can you just do whatever you want since your grandfather owns this place?"

"You can call him Grandpa," Frank turned his head to give her a lopsided grin. "Every does. And yeah, I'm kind of exempted from all punishment because of him." Frank sat peeled off his T-shirt, standing in his swim trunks.

"Okay, even though you didn't wear a swimsuit," Frank said, motioning towards Gee's band shirt and athletic shorts. "I decided that swimming in anything but swim trunks would be fucking annoying."

"I don't see your abs," Gee pointed out, and Frank leaned over, clenching his stomach. "They're there!" He insisted through grit teeth, and Gee rolled her eyes. "Don't strain yourself."

"Hey, Gee," Frank said suddenly, pointing down. "How deep do you think that water is?"

"Uh, I don't know?" Gee frowned, turning to look at Frank when he suddenly picked her up, saying, "Guess you'll have to find out!" as he threw her in.

Jesus fucking Christ!

The water was cold and shocking as it touched her skin, and it took everything Gee had not to scream. Panic filled her chest for a short moment, before her feet connected to the ground, and Gee stood up, realizing just how shallow the water was.

Gee's head broke the surface and she gasped for air, shoving wet strands of hair out of her face as Frank laughed and jumped in next to her.

"You fucking bastard!" Gee shouted, but she was laughing. "It's not funny!" She shoved Frank backward, and he splashed around dramatically, pretending her push was harder than it was.

"I am literally about to kill you." Gee said, and Frank grinned wolfishly at her. "It would be an honor."

"Oh my God," Gee rolled her eyes. "What do you want from me?" She was beginning to adjust to the water, and it didn't feel as piercingly cold anymore.

"Um, for you to do vocals on my song?" Frank asked, and Gee splashed him. "Besides that."

Frank thought for a moment. "To hook up?"

"No," Gee said, and Frank looked at her. "What? Why?"

"Why the fuck would I?" Gee scoffed, hoping the red on her face could be passed off as a sunburn. Fuck, and she'd thought swimming was the worst thing Frank could propose.

Sex? Are you fucking kidding me?

"Because I'm hot, and you're hot? It wouldn't be that bad, I swear," Frank said, trying to get her to look at him but Gee wouldn't.

"You don't get 'no' as an answer a lot, do you?" Gee asked, and Frank opened and closed his mouth, looking for something to say before stammering, "No."

"Yeah, I didn't think so," Gee pulled herself back up onto the dock, and Frank climbed out nimbly after her. "Gee, wait," He said nervously, following her as they walked down the dock and back to land.

"What?" Gee said, the word coming out much harsher than she'd intended. She glanced over Frank's hurt expression, his body wet and gleaming from the water. Fuck Frank. Fuck Frank and his perfect face, and perfect chest and collarbones and arms and –

Gee forced her eyes away from him, groaning inwardly. It wasn't fair.

It wasn't fair that he had to be so attractive. Frank literally existed to tease Gee, to show her all the things that she'd never be able to have. She knew without asking that all of this – whatever they had – would be over in a heartbeat if Frank ever found out who she was born as.

"Are you okay?" Frank asked gently, and Gee realized she must have a pained look on her face and quickly struggle to force it back to normal. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Gee," Frank said, his eyes shifting from her face to the ground. "Sorry for asking, I – I won't do that again."

"Frank, I – " Gee sighed, sucking in a deep breath. "I'll sing on your new song."

ok does it seem like im rushing this

i dont feel like i am, but im worried it looks like i am. should i like,,, chill out and stop posting for a minute

im just having too much fucking fun writing this i- sjsjfgjkjgkfdjlgdfs

also if i ever say anything blatantly offensive or incorrect about being transgender please, please, please let me know!! and if there are any typos, pls hmu.

vote for them spider rights