Chapter Four

"You never get off your phone, do you?" Ray asked as they ate breakfast. Frank had barely touched his cereal; he'd been too busy trying to find Gee's Instagram. To his great disappointment, she hadn't followed him back yesterday, and he'd been looking through his story views for her face ever since.

"Sorry," Frank grinned sheepishly, glancing up from his phone for a moment before going back to scrolling.

"I bet he's looking for some girl," Lindsey said. She was a friend of Ray's, but Frank hadn't taken notice of her presence at the table until this very moment.

"Guilty." Frank affirmed, and as if on key Jamia slid into the seat next to him.

"Hey, Frank!" Jamia said joyfully, tossing her hair over her shoulder. Frank groaned internally, trying his best not to flinch away. It wasn't that he didn't like Jamia, she was fine, but she really, really liked him. It was her second week at camp, but the two hadn't really interacted the week prior, as Frank mainly stayed secluded in his own bunk. But now that he was in a camper bunk, Frank doubted if she would ever leave him alone.

"Is this her?" Lindsey asked, pointing to Jamia, and Jamia's eyed widened. "Were you talking about me, Frank?"

"Not quite," Frank mumbled, just as Lindsey said, "Yeah, he was looking for a girl."

"That's so sweet of you!" Jamia hugged Frank around his neck, her body pressing against his shoulder. "Yeah," Frank said, awkwardly detaching himself.

Even if he did like Jamia, the two had nothing in common. Jamia was a blues-to-the-core type of girl, and was far too scared to ever touch a skateboard. Gee on the other hand . . . Well, she was scared of swimming. But Frank could definitely picture her at the front of a mosh-pit, or jumping onto a skateboard, even if she couldn't ride it. Things Jamia could never do.

"Met anyone new here, Frank?" Ray asked, trying to save Frank from Jamia's overwhelming presence. Frank grabbed onto it, nodding. "Uh huh, after the show yesterday I – "

"Oh my God, your show was so good!" Jamia squealed. "It was so intense."

"I met a girl." Frank said, and Jamia froze. Lindsey snorted, mouthing cold to him.

"Her name's Gee," Frank said, breaking the silence, and both Lindsey and Jamia inhaled sharply. "What?" Frank asked.

"I don't know, man." Lindsey said. "Gee's in our cabin and she's . . . different."

"She wouldn't even talk to me!" Jamia huffed indignantly. "And she takes like, ten years to get ready in the morning!"

Frank frowned. He hadn't pinned Gee as a girl who cared a lot about her appearance, but he guessed looking that hot couldn't be effortless.

"Oh my God, there she is!" Jamia hissed in his ear as she pointed across the room, and Frank followed her finger to find Gee, walking toward them.

"She's coming over here," Ray said, and Lindsey rolled her eyes dramatically. "No shit, Sherlock."

"Gee!" Frank waved to the girl as she came over, hesitantly taking the seat across from Frank.

"Hey," Gee smiled awkwardly, and everyone greeted her back but Jamia, who stared at her with narrowed eyes.

The table was in silence for a moment before Gee spoke up, pulling out her phone. "What class should I take this morning? I can't decide."

"What are the options?" Frank asked. He'd forgotten to check the camp's workshop schedule for today. There were three blocks a day, running classes you could come in and out of. The rest of the day was free for music.

"Well, Frank and I are going to a dance workshop," Jamia said, making Frank's head snap up. "What the fuck? Jamia, I'm not going to a dance workshop."

"Don't be silly," Jamia laughed as if he'd just said something hilarious, but then continued talking to Gee. "But I don't think those classes are for bigger girls, like you. Does music history sound interesting?"

"I think I'm going to leave, now," Gee said flatly as she furrowed her brows, standing up from the table.

"Jamia, what the fuck?" Frank spat as he pushed back his chair and followed her, catching her at the front doors to the cafeteria.

"Hey, wait up," Frank stopped her, and Gee turned around skeptically. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

"A girlfriend . . . Jamia?" Frank asked, wrinkling his nose in disgust. "Oh, God. Gee, Jamia is not my girlfriend."

"Really?" She snorted, starting to walk again. Frank followed. "Because most people aren't that clingy to their friends."

"Jamia isn't even my friend, Gee." Frank said as he chased after her, trying to keep up with her quick pace.

"She called me big," Gee frowned, and Frank scoffed. "Gee, are you fucking kidding me?" He stepped in front of her, forcing her eyes to meet his. She walked around him.

"You're tall, but you're sure as fuck not fat." Frank insisted, and Gee shrugged. "I don't need your opinion."

"Gee, I – Ugh, " Frank shook his head. "Jamia's just jealous because she's short and flat – "

"Do you have a problem with girls who are flat, Frank?" Gee cocked her head, and Frank's tongue seemed to get stuck in his mouth as he realized Gee's obvious lack of chest. "I, uh – No, of course I don't."

"Glad to hear," Gee said coldly, and Frank threw his head back. "Gee," He whined. "Come on, don't be like that. You know it's not what I meant."

"Why are you still following me?" Gee asked suddenly. "I barely know you."

"Uh, because you're awesome?" Frank replied. "And cool, and could totally help me with my song?"

"So, this is strictly business?" Gee said. "What could I help you with? The only thing I play is guitar, but it seems like you've got that one covered."

Frank bit his lip as they reached Gee's cabin door. "Vocals?" He tried sheepishly, and Gee turned to him, dumbstruck.

"Vocals?" She repeated. "Are you out of your fucking mind? I can't sing your vocals."

"I'm sure you could," Frank said slyly, but Gee wasn't having it. "Knock it off, Frank." She said. "You're the star – you've got to sing. You know, I really thought you were taking this song thing seriously."

"I am taking it seriously!" Frank clasped his hands together in an overdone plead as Gee walked into her cabin. "Please, Gee? If you come to the studio with me once, I'll never talk to you again if you don't want me to." Frank stepped through the door after her, watching as she pulled off her shoes.

"As temping as that sounds, I'll have to decline." Gee said, beginning to take off her socks.

"Why?" Frank asked, wondering what the fuck she was doing.

"It's nine-am," Gee explained. "And unfortunately I have a date with a very annoying cunt right now."

Frank paused. "Wait, me?" He asked. "I'm the annoying cunt, right?"

"Right," Gee nodded, ushering Frank out of the room. "So, unless you're going to swim in those jeans, you better go change."

i still need to add a description oOPS

VOTE 4 SPIDER RIGHTS