Chapter Six

hOW many chapters have i even posted today

Frank couldn't stop himself from staring at Gee as she struggled with the mic, twisting and turning it away from the amps in a lame attempt to get rid of some static. Her thin brows were furrowed, and a tiny sliver of pink tongue was sticking out between her teeth.

"A little help would be nice." Gee said pointedly, and Frank jumped to his feet. "Sorry, I got you," He said, rushing over to fix the mic for her. "There." Their hands brushed for a moment, before Gee pulled hers back awkwardly.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" She asked, and Frank nodded, throwing the guitar strap over his head. The two of them had gone down to the practice rooms after lunch. Gee had decided on the song "Desolation Row" to rehearse. When Frank had told her that Bob Dyan wasn't very punk (and possibly one of the most folk-blues songs out there), Gee had just rolled her eyes, telling him to "Make it punk, then." Which is how Frank ended up playing power chords on the once calm song, trying to make it as "rock" as he could. He turned up the gain as far as it would go, and stepped on some of the practice room's crappy overdrive pedals.

"Think it needs distortion?" Frank joked, and Gee nodded. "Definitely."

"You're crazy," Frank remarked, but stepped on it anyway. He played the first few chords of the song, and Gee shook her head. "Absolutely not," She said. "Way, way faster."

"It's an eleven minute song!" Frank protested, and Gee frowned. "Well, we're obviously not doing the whole thing."

"Obviously," Frank muttered under his breath as he began to play quicker. "Better?"

"Definitely," Gee nodded, walking over to his amp and turning it up.

"Don't fuck with my amp!" Frank shouted, and Gee flipped him off. "I'll do whatever the fuck I want with your amp."

"We're starting on E," Frank threw a pair of earplugs at Gee, and she put them in reluctantly. Frank bounced his knee, nodding his head as he began to play. Gee joined in after a moment, and Frank gaped at her.

Gee's voice was fucking amazing.

It was all rough and high, and had an odd resemblance to Billy Corgan. Frank loved it. They played through the first chorus until Gee stopped, and Frank clamped his hand on the fret board, shaking his head. "Shit, Gee, you've got some lungs!"

"We need a drummer," Gee said flatly, frowning. "It sounds off without one."

Frank paused, before nodding. "Yeah, I guess we do."

"Who do you use for your music?" Gee asked. "Unless you do them in a DAW?"

"No, they're all real, and I do them." Frank said, and the corner of Gee's mouth tugged up. "Right," She said. "I forgot you were rich."

"Famous, yes," Frank said. "But definitely not rich."

"You know, Frank, the more I think about it, the more I can see you as a drummer." Gee tilted her head. "Anger issues? No boundaries? Narcissistic?"

"Okay, I'm going to stop you right there!" Frank cut her off, laughing. "First of all, how are those drummer qualities? Secondly, how am I any of those?"

Gee opened her mouth to continue but Frank began to speak again. "Actually, don't answer that." He said, standing up and heading for the door, guitar slung over his back. "I'll be right back."

oooof the doctor couldnt draw my blood and yuckk it always makes me feel so gross when they cant find a vein

also alligator skin boots by mccafferty is a great song

and ill be on a trip for like three days but legit watch me still find time to spam this book with chapters so vOte for sPIDER rIGHTS