21

Day in, day out I was feeling more hopeless by the minute and day obviously. Hunter did try talking to me but gave up after a couple days and had a go at me which I didn't respond to, Natalie tried doing the same thing but that didn't work out so she only gave me pity smiles which I returned without a word. I wanted to go to the station to see if they had found out anything but I was too scared too; my dream or more like nightmare, had got me in this state where I felt like the only option I could act on was to run. I didn't know what I could do anymore, I didn't want anyone's help, I didn't want to go school and I didn't want to eat or drink anything. Day by day, I was making myself sick.

Closing my maths revision book, I leaned back in my chair and stretched. I had given up trying to study because I was getting so distracted by my thoughts, I decided to get a snack to eat hoping that that would calm my thoughts down so I could finish my revision. Walking into the kitchen, I saw Hunter and one of his friends on the couch watching a basketball game and they hadn't turned their attention to me because they were so into the game, boys these days. I grabbed a granola bar and turned around, almost screaming as I saw Hunter standing there.

'Didn't mean to scare you, sweetie.' Hunter said, smirking at me. I only gave him a blank look and walked around him to go to my room, but as annoying as he is, he stopped me and just looked into my eyes probably hoping to get something out of me. 'So, you're still not talking?' My only answer to him was a shrug and a sigh.

'Hunter, how long does it ta....hold on. Who's this mighty fine girl?' He asked eyeing me up and down.

'Charlotte.' I answered taking out my hand for him to shake. I could feel Hunter's eyes staring at me or more like glaring at me as if he was trying to burn my head and make sure it blew up into tiny little pieces.

'And now we gotta go, see you later sweetie.' Hunter pushed his friend out the kitchen and his friend winked at me making me laugh.

The day went by quickly and I found myself getting ready, I didn't know why but my mind was doing the work for me and I ended up wearing black skinny jeans, black combat boots and a black shirt. My eyes were coated with black eye shadow which I smoked out and my other features were left blank, the only accessories I wore was black studs and a silver necklace. If anyone saw me on the street then they would think I was a goth apart from the necklace which was the only bright thing I wore. I tied my hair back into a bun and made my way to the door and Hunter stood there.

'Going somewhere?' He asked, raising his eyebrows up. I only nodded at him and walked around him going downstairs, hearing Hunter's thunderous footsteps behind me. 'Going to tell me where?' I shrugged my shoulders and again he groaned before walking outside with me.

Hunter's footsteps were as quiet as my ones were and the whole way to the place we were going to, we didn't say a word to each other and it wasn't an awkward silence but a silence that felt comfortable. My heart clenched the closer we got to the place but I refused to back out now, we were going there and I was not going to let my demons win or my nightmare. I was going to say goodbye to my dad, something I should have done long ago I should have said a whole load of things but my emotions were caught up that I didn't know what to say.

I walked through the gates of the cemetery with Hunter still following me; I would have expected him to leave me alone but I guess he's going to be staying with me throughout this whole thing now. I took a deep breath before walking to where my dad's grave was, the last time I had come here was his funeral and that wasn't a day I liked so I didn't come back here because it was too much for me. The difference between now and then was getting closure, something to let my dad know that I love him and miss him and I just didn't have to say it in my prayers but I could say it here too. I remembered that I didn't bring him flowers or anything, something which I should have done but he didn't like flowers, thought they were just too bright for the dead.

'Hey dad.' I said with a shaky breath, before kneeling down. A few tears slipped from my eyes making me quickly wipe them away, I had to be strong for now I could break down later, when Hunter was not with me. 'It's quiet at home, with mom in therapy and all. Flora comes by time to time and I think the only reason she ever comes here now is because I have a new roomie...Hunter. He isn't all that, but I guess he's alright, sometimes. Flora is completely like a teenager in front of him and it's disgusting, the best part of this story is that Hunter is in a gang and probably has an STD.' I tried not to laugh as I heard him cough behind me.

'I guess I'm doing okay. Natalie's pregnant by the way, Liam was arrested after Hunter and his friends beat him up which was quite funny to watch. She's doing great and can't stop going on about the baby and how happy she is, and I'm really happy to see no tears come out of her eyes. Only when she's hungry and fake cries, that gets annoying but everything's going good.' I breathed in, feeling a lump in my throat. 'They found the weapon that killed you, the officer turned out to be Hunter's mom what a coincidence right? They found my fingerprints on the weapon but I wasn't with you the night you were killed, that was proved and everything but they haven't found anything new. I don't get why it's taking so long to find the killer, but I guess I have to be patient. I just don't know how long for.

'Dad, I miss you! I had this horrible nightmare and I didn't want it to be true, it's stuck into my mind and images flash through my mind! I don't even think I have the will to live anymore, mom is being doped up on drugs to help her depression and I have to take care of myself. It's selfish of me to be thinking like that but it's how I feel, we need you back in our lives and I know it's impossible but ,' More tears slipped and I couldn't talk anymore because the tears took over my words and I cried. I cried like never before, I broke down in front of Hunter and I just couldn't find myself to stop. Arms encircled my and I leaned into Hunter and cried into him, he soother me and whispered calming words but they wouldn't help the hurt I was facing.

'It's okay to cry sweetie.' He whispered and kissed my head as I clung to him. We just stayed like that until it started raining but I didn't want to move and it looked as if Hunter didn't want to either. I pulled away and Hunter looked down at my tear stained face, he leaned down and I moved closer to him till his lips touched mine once again, the warmth spread through me and I started to forget where I was then Hunter pulled away from me and said, 'Say goodbye Charlotte.' I turned back to the grave where it said my dad's name.

'I'm sorry, daddy. I love you so much and I didn't want you to go, especially like the way you did. Bye daddy, I'll come back again and I'll bring flowers, I won't care if you don't like them because you deserve something to brighten up your grave.' Hunter helped me up as silent tears fell down my cheeks, mixing with the rain. Hunter hugged me trying to keep me warm and I started to realise that ... I couldn't think like that because Hunter could never love me as I love him.