19

Flora had visited us a couple times during the week to see how we were and to make sure we had enough food for the both of us. Mom hadn't called me in a couple weeks making me wonder if I should call her or not, what if she can't call me because she's in a deep meeting though? No new cases have come up about my dad or the weapon and Belle hadn't spoken to me either since the day me and Hunter went to go get Camilla.

Hunter didn't bother communicating with me or anyone for that matter but I didn't know since he was taking time off school again but he did come back before I went to sleep and say night, I still thought that ... well I didn't know what he thought, did I? Me and Natalie have been spending a lot of time together but most of the time she would have been with her baby daddy who wouldn't stop being protective of her which I thought was cute.

My thoughts were interuppted when the phone rang so I went to pick it up. 'Hello?' I asked.

'Charlotte?' I didn't recognise who the caller was.

'Yeah, who is this?'

'Hunter's father.' Holy Crap.

What's the first thing you should do when your roomate's father who your roomate has never talked about calls you? Yeah, I don't quite know so give me ideas because right now I'm standing here with my mouth gaped open as I tried to think of what I should say to him. This has been going on for the past 10 seconds and should go on for a bit longer, maybe if I just stay quiet he will just go.

'I can here you breathing so I'm just going to leave a message. Tell Hunter I called and tell him that I would like to talk to him; write down my contact deatils and I will be happy to not bother you again.' I nodded, scared of his hoarse but demanding tone he used with me. Then I realised that he couldn't see me so I rushed into the kitchen where I got a pen and paper, then started to write down everything he said.

'Bye, sir.' I whispered, the dial tone was just heard on the other side.

Cliff Maxwell.

'You into BDSM or something?' I screamed and the phone slipped out of my hands but was caught by Hunter who only stood a couple inches away from me. Him and his father sound alike; both were demanding and had the urgency to control.

'N-no.' I said in a soft tone as Hunter handed me back the phone and as he did, our fingers brushed making me blush. He smirked as if he knew the effects he had on me, I didn't dare look up into his eyes as he stepped a little closer leaving only little room between us.

'What's this?' I raised my head and saw Hunter looking at the paper behind me which had his father's deatils in it. Hunter's eyes flickered to mine and rage set it as I cowered back into the counter. 'I asked, what's this?' His teeth were gritted as he said each word, frightening me.

'Your dad was on the phone. He said th-'

'I don't give a fuck what he said, what the hell are you doing answering his calls and listening to whatever shit he has to say?! Didn't I make it clear to you that I hate his guts?' He roared at me, I literally shook at the way his voice had sounded but I made my posture better because I hated the way he blamed me.

'How the hell was I supposed to know that was your dad? He called here asking for you, I can't just hang up on him could I?'

'You know I hate him so why would you do as he asked?!'

'Because I'm a nice person unlike you, Hunter! The sooner you realise that people are actually there for you in life, the better. Otherwise you just become more harsher and ...' I couldn't say anymore, the look on his face was daring me to say something else but my mind wouldn't budge as I didn't know what else I could say to describe his behaviour.

'And what Charlotte?' My name had rolled off his tongue as if fire and venom would. With disgust and inhumane power.

'I don't want to be in whatever business you and your father have Hunter, but you are living under my mom's roof with me so have a little respect.' I said before sliding the phone behind me on the counter and walking around him with tears threatening to burst like a pipe. No one has ever spoken to me like that in my seventeen years of living, I haven't been as scared as I was in a long time.

The day had passed with me in my bedroom with Luca lying next to me on my bed, enjoying the breeze that wafted in through the window with the slight smell of smoke the air seemed to have. I am pretty much chilled at the moment but Hunter's words were circling my mind wanting me to just fall asleep. My eyes started to droop and the soft sounds of the breeze had me wanting to fall asleep, slowly I was going into my own world...

Till there was a huge bang on the door which woke me up instantly. Luca started barking at the door making me look at him and the door in alarm; getting off my bed, I walked over to the door with Luca next to me, waiting to pounce on any danger coming. I didn't see anything unusual so I walked downstairs and I soon heard other sounds coming from outside so I went to check the garage and saw Hunter there in front of a sweet looking ride.

'What's with the loud noises?' I asked as I eyed the red beauty.

'Nothing, why? Worried that I might be lost from you forever?' He questioned with a smirk playing on his lips. I realised that he only had a pair of dark wash jeans on with sweat glistening on his body while there were a few odd spots of oil on his hands.

'If there isn't anything wrong,I'm going back inside. Just keep the noise down.' I muttered walking back inside when my arm was grabbed and I was turned around to crash into Hunter's chest. My heart beat so harshly against my chest that I thought that it would burst from overwhelment of Hunter touching me.

'How about you put your cute little self to good use and go make me a drink? I'm dying with this sun out and you don't want the father of your future kid to die of dehydration do you?' No, but I want you to die. I thought darkly then washed away those feelings as I thought it was too mean.

'You have hands and you have legs, I think you have a brain too but I'm not sure. So go make a drink yourself instead of making me your slave, I live you with wait no; you are staying here because I allow you to or you'd be out of this house so quick that you wouldn't even know it.' A broad grin lit up on Hunter's face making me scowl.

'There's the sexy fiesty Charlotte I like seeing.' The blood rushed to my cheeks and I found myself getting very interested in my shoes. 'Now be a sweetheart and make me a drink.' I growled under my breath before taking my arm out of his grip with a big thrash.

'Atta girl.' He said before smacking my butt really hardly. Luca barked next to me and I grumbled, least the dog was happy.