I blush and smile at her questions.

"Actually, I asked him." I admit.

"What? No way!" she gasps. Then her expression softens. "Aw Kells. I'm so damn proud of you."

My hearts warms at her words. Her validation means a lot to me.

"So...have you kissed yet?" she teases.

I laugh a little at that and scratch the back of my neck.

"We actually kissed weeks ago." I admit. "And a few times since then. And then of course even more since I asked him out."

"What?" she screeches. "You kissed and didn't tell me?"

"I just didn't want you to make it a bigger deal than it is." I admit.

"Kells, this is a big deal! He's your boyfriend now!" she exclaims but I flinch at her words. Boyfriend. Big deal. Oh god.

Sam must notice my discomfort because she falls silent.

"No, no, you're right." she says softly. "This isn't a big deal. You kissed a boy, you're dating now, completely normal."

I nod and take a breath.

Sam wraps her arm around me and rubs my shoulder slowly.

"I'm sorry. I just get excited for you. But I'll tone it down." she surrenders.

I nod and smile gratefully.

"If you are ever not feeling great about this, like you're overthinking, or not thinking healthy things, come talk to me, okay?" she offers.

I kiss her cheek gratefully and thank her quietly.

"You know this is a good thing, right Kells? He seems to really like you and he's so cute. From what I can tell you connect really well and you seem perfect for each other." she explains.

That makes me feel better, even if it's just momentarily, it's exactly what I needed.

"I know." I assure Sam.

"Good." she smiles. "But if you ever need a reminder of that, I'm just a text away."

"Thanks Sammy, I really appreciate it. I have to go to my appointment now but I'll see you soon." I tell her.

"Of course, I'm sure Dr Levit will be pleased to hear the news." she grins, standing up.

I nod, giving her a warm smile. She's such a great sister, I would be lost without her.

We say our goodbyes then I'm off to therapy.

As I sit down in my usual spot, Dr Levit gives me a look. Her eyes are squinted suspiciously and she looks a little confused.

"What?" I laugh.

She sits across from me and doesn't say anything. She picks up her coffee mug and takes a sip, not taking her eyes off me once, still looking at me puzzled.

"What?" I ask again, now a little nervous.

She stays quiet, seemingly in thought, then she places her mug down.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a boyfriend now." she states.

"Holy shit." I say in utter shock.

She smiles a little and leans back in her chair.

"So I'm right?" she asks.

"How did you know?" I ask eagerly. Did Sam call her or something?