16

Author

Sana negligibly tilted her head to the side, looking up to him with her eyebrows scrunched. "Suspicions?"

Jungkook chuckled. "You're so clueless, baby." The resonance of his voice would shudder anyone. But not for her. "So, so clueless. It's almost cute."

"Clueless? What.." She murmured, hysteria blanketing her stutters, anxious that she did something that made him upset. "D.. Did I do something wrong?"

"Relax, baby." Jungkook shushed, stroking her cheeks almost tenderly. "You didn't do anything wrong. I'm not mad at you, kitten, don't worry."

"Oh.. I thought..- but what suspicions are you talking about?"

"Hm, you were right about the documents you saw, kitten."

Sana's eyes enlarged. "I'm.. right..? So you know about the guy?"

Jungkook hummed again. "However..." He stopped.

"However..?"

"You also heard about the fuckery going on with our drug shipments, yes?"

Sana bopped her head. "Yeah.. I heard from the tall guy, I forgot the name of the other one and Taehyung." Namjoon and Hoseok.

Jungkook hummed again, as if he's testing her."Let's see.. Do you think he's the same guy we're looking for? The guy who's behind all of what's happening? The drugs getting shipped to another buyer, the drug money behind all of it not coming back to us, the expired drugs..." He waited for her answer.

She began pondering about it. The only thing Sana thought about is he might be the one who stole the files and played with their system.. not entirely the same guy who fucked with their drug shipments.

"I... There's a possibility that it's him since he got his hands to the documents.. but I know that you'll immediately find out that someone broke into the mansion and single-handedly went inside the control room.. if it's him and that's what he did.. then he'll be caught a long time already..."

Jungkook smirked. "Ah, I'm so proud of you, kitten. Seems like everything I told you worked well. You're getting used to here. You're smart... but still so naive." He halted. "But don't worry, it's not your fault, baby."

"I don't get what you're talking about, Jungkook. Y.. You told me I didn't do anything and.." Sana stopped, eyes beseeching for him to give her a straightforward answer.

Why is he calling her naive? I mean.. it may be true but.. why is he calling her that right now? Did she do something wrong she's not aware of?

"See, baby kitten.." Jungkook started. "Has it ever occurred to you that it might be.. someone close to you?" He whispered, in her ear.

"Close to me..? You..?"

"Not that kind of close, baby." His minty breath fanned against her earlobe.

"Please.. just tell me.." She huffed. "Alright.. since you asked so nicely." Jungkook let out a small laugh.

"I'm talking about the little maid, kitten."

Sana's brows crumpled again, taking a little step back to see his face "M.. Maid?"

Jungkook hummed. "What's her name again? Ah, it's Hina. Right?"

"Yes.. her name is Hina. What of her...?" She wondered, observing Jungkook as he took a temporary glimpse of his wristwatch then took out his phone, calling someone.