#chap54 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Start from the beginning

The interesting part about this function was that although everyone was aware about Minish’s and Rhea’s betrothal, most of the relatives were meeting Rhea and the Doshi family for the first time. The atmosphere was electrifying as there was a lot of speculation about it. While taking a breather, she joked about it with Atharva, “Relatives have enough to gossip about today. I heard an aunty adding her mirch masala to Minishbhai’s love story and presenting it to another aunty. I felt like interrupting but then didn’t wanna get into controversy.”
Atharva mumbled, “No point getting into an argument Shru. People always tend to wag their tongues out of habit, having nothing better to do. Today this topic, tomorrow something else will catch their fancy. Ignore karo.”

Rhea, Minish and her cousins had a gala time, as they all seemed to be great at dancing. Shruti excused herself, saying she would be back in a few minutes.

The music suddenly stopped and everyone wondered what had happened. Atharva started looking around for Shruti but couldn’t find her. Just as he was feeling restless, Rohan took the mike and announced, “I can see my dear Jijaji is restless, possible looking for his would be.” Everyone present turned around to look at Atharva, who had a sheepish look.
“Don’t worry jijaji, Shruti aapka peechha itna jaldi nahi chhodne wali.”
This made the audience laugh a bit.
Rohan continued, “Without keeping you all in suspense, let me make way for someone who has been impatiently waiting for me to get down from the stage.” Saying so, he came down and the music began.

Atharva was astounded. He understood that Shruti was about to perform, but he was clueless as she hadn’t confided in him about it. The next moment, she came up on stage, dancing to the tune of ‘Chalka… chalka re’ from the movie Saathiya. She did simple steps but gracefully. It was just coz of sheer determination that she was able to pull it off. All the while, the audience was cheering her, but she dared not look at any of them. Atharva was zapped to see her perform. His chest swelled with pride to see her put in an effort since he knew she had stepped out of her comfort zone. According to him, she danced amazingly well which showed in the way he applauded enthusiastically once she was done. She felt so conscious at the end, not knowing how well was it taken, that she looked at him for approval. The way he was clapping for her warmed her heart and brought a smile which lit her face.

She immediately got down from the stage and was appreciated by many. Mr Shah particularly praised her saying, “We never knew Shruti could dance so well.” He put his hand on her head and blessed her.

Minish came up and remarked nudging his brother, “Bhabhi, do you know? Atharva must have cheered the loudest. Aisa laga abhi stage pe aake…” He refrained from completing the sentence as the elders were standing there.
Rohan quipped, “Oh did he have a choice? He has to spend a lifetime with her.”
Shruti glared at him, daring him to utter a word more. Minish suggested, “By the way, my brother can also dance. And we cannot end the function before he does.”
Shruti looked at him in amazement, wondering. Minish requested the band to play Nashik dhol and remarked, “Ab dekhna kamaal.”

With a little bit of coaxing, Atharva finally joined Minish and Shankar. Within no time, he was dancing freely. It was Shruti’s turn to feel overwhelmed. This guy could dance as if he didn’t have a care in this world. And all this while, she hadn’t insisted him to participate, thinking he couldn’t. After some time, they all stopped since it was getting very late and they were yet to have dinner. The guests had their dinner during the function but the immediate family members and friends were yet to have and famished. They went in an adjoining hall and relished the feast served to them.

Mr Verma exclaimed happily, “It has been a good function and we all thoroughly enjoyed, especially Atharva’s dance.” Everyone chuckled looking at Atharva, who was a self acclaimed non dancer. Shruti whispered in his ears, “You are a dark horse Atharva. I sometimes wonder whether I know you or no.”
He responded, “Nothing like that. Its just that I am not comfortable dancing to the tunes of Bollywood songs. Not everyone is made of perfect Bollywood material, nai?”
Shruti mumbled not knowing what to say and continued eating her food.

Nainaa, Abhinav and Rohan were seated on Shruti’s  side and Minish, Rhea, Preksha, Shankar on Atharva’s side. Krunal and the other friends had been quite enthusiastic and lingered around. They had light talk while having the scrumptious dinner and had good fun pulling leg.

Eventually, both the families bid farewell and the function came to an end on a happy note.

To be continued….

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: All content posted is original work of the author and no part of the content can be copied, reproduced or posted in parts or whole on any other social media platforms, websites, publications or published in form of a hard copy without the prior consent of the Author.

©2019. Sagas_by_Irvika. All rights reserved.