Chapter 5 (Rewritten)

Later that evening, we were served dinner in the mess hall. You nibbled slightly on your bread as others around you were in conversations. 

As you approached your table of friends, You realized Eren has a bunch of people surrounding him. He was telling the events that happened at Wall Maria. 

Hearing it brings back so many unwanted memories. 

You casually sat down and listen to Eren rant on about killing titans. Mikasa noticed you and leaned closer as you stared at Eren in pure confusion. 

"Ever since our mom was killed back in Wall Maria, he vowed himself to kill all the titans." Mikasa explained. 

Your eyes slightly grew wide while confusion was written all over your face. 

"I don't know either. He's getting a little over himself."

For the rest of the night, you watched Eren get in another argument with this other boy. Something about Eren being a crazy suicidal maniac. 

As you watched the two boys glare at each other, I felt someone tap my shoulder. 

I turned to see a girl with black hair tied in two pigtails. 

"Hi, I'm Mina. What's your name?" 

"...!" You blinked in surprise as you were taken aback by her sudden presence. 

You got over your slight surprise before taking out your journal, opening to a page that had your name. 

"Y/n...? That's a pretty name. But you know you could have just told me..." Mina commented. 

You were about to turn to a page explaining your situation until Armin spoke up, hearing what was going on. 

"Sorry, she's non-talkative. She's not trying to be rude." Armin quickly butted in. 

You thanked him silently. 

"Oh! Wait! I think I know you. You're the quiet girl I heard people talking about. Sorry, I should have known beforehand." She decided to change the subject. 

"I like your hair. It suits you!"

You beamed and gave her a light smile. You were not used to people talking to you other than your three close friends. 

"Did your mom braid it or you braid it yourself..."

You pointed to yourself. 

"Really? That's awesome!"

She stared at me for a little while. 

"You have an eye patch. What happened to your eye?"

"..ha!?" You let a quiet yelp in surprise. 

Now how were you supposed to answer that! You don't even know the reason for your eyepatch!

Just then, you felt a hand on your shoulder. 

"U-uh, Y/n. We should probably go." Armin said, already having heard enough from the conservation. 

Before you could do anything, he grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the mess hall. 

"Are you okay, Y/n? Was she bothering you?" Armin asked. 

You shook your head and looked down. 

Why must you be so different? You gripped Armin's hand a little harder, making Armin flinch. 

*Time Skip*

You were now practicing combat training and you had no one to battle with. 

You looked around nervously. Everyone had a partner. Now you really stand out.