• Eighteen - I'll Be Home Soon •

Lily's PoV

It's been a rough few days I must admit. I had to say bye to my parents and grandparents, which seems to be getting more difficult each time, and I had to go say bye to Lis and the girls. That wasn't as hard but it was still difficult to leave. It's moments like these where I didn't realise just how much I miss my home.

Luce stayed with me the entire time and offered to take me with her seeing as she was heading up north back to her place. I tried to refuse but she had already got dad to help her put my bags into her car. I was a little nervous bringing her home but she got on really well with my entire family. Dad and grandad absolutely love her and she always compliments mum and granny on everything.

I watched from the front door as they put the bags into the car while laughing with each other. "Hold onto her Lil. I know it might not seem like it now but a girl like her is always worth holding onto." I looked over at grandad and he smiled softly. He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it softly. I looked back towards Luce and my dad and smiled softly.

"I don't think I'll be letting go of her any time soon." I felt grandad pat his hand on my shoulder before turning and walking back into the house. Dad walked in with Luce not far behind him and she stood by my side with a huge smile on her face. I looked at her weirdly as she wrapped her arm around my waist and pulled me close into her. "What's gotten into you?"

She shrugged her shoulders but the smile never left her face. "Just thinking." I wrapped my arms around her neck and stepped closer to her. I looked behind to make sure that the coast was clear and smiled softly when I saw it was.

"Thinking about what exactly?" She smirked and wrapped her other arm around my waist pulling me even closer to her.

"Oh you know the usual. How hot my girlfriend is is pretty much my main thought." I hit her shoulder lightly trying to hide the reddening of my cheeks. She chuckled lightly and leaned in capturing my lips between hers softly. I smiled into the kiss and kissed her back. She pulled away first and quickly pecked my nose before picking up my last bag. "I'll wait by the car for you so take your time saying your goodbyes. We're in absolutely no rush."

"I don't deserve you." She pecked my lips tenderly before walking out to the car. I walked into the living room and sighed when I saw the four of the sitting on the edge of their seats. Mum was already in tears and granny wasn't far behind. I hugged them all tightly and we all reluctantly walked to the front door. Lucy looked up from her phone and smiled sadly when she saw us. She stood up straighter and walked over to my side.

"You'll take of her won't you Lucy?" I shot my dad a look and Luce just chuckled. "What? It's obvious the two of yous have got a thing going so I just wanted to make sure she won't break your heart." I looked over at my mum and she smiled softly.

"Of course sir. She's worth holding onto." I smiled softly and looked over at Luce. She leaned over and kissed my cheek softly before hugging my grandparents. I hugged mum and dad one last time and moved over to my grandparents.

"This sure doesn't get any easier." I looked at grandad and hugged him tightly.

"Hopefully it's going to be last one for a while. Time will fly by to my next visit home and we'll keep the nightly Skype calls going and who knows maybe next time I'll be home for good." Granny smiled and nodded her head when I went to hug her. It was a whole lot harder saying bye to them because I knew my time with them was becoming very limited.