• Nine ~ Farewell •

Lily's PoV

I woke up extra early this morning to run down to the shop for some extra ingredients. I invited the entire team over for one last brunch and needed to start making all the different batters. When I got back to the house Christen was sitting at the island with a mug of coffee drinking it in silence. She jumped when she saw me before looking at me in confusion.

"It's literally 8 am and you've already been to the store. How are you like so full of energy?" I looked over at her and shrugged my shoulders. I pulled out the different ingredients for Belgian waffles, pancakes, scones and French toast. I made up the different batters for the waffles and pancakes. I started on the scones next and by the time I had them on it was nearing ten.

Christen was long gone out of the kitchen as per my request. Rachel has walked in and when saw the amount of what I was making she held her arms up and backed out of the kitchen. They had gone to get coffee to give me space and I chuckled when Christen had stuck her head in slowly to tell me.

By the time I had everything made it was nearing twelve, the time I told everybody to start showing up. I had just finished setting up when I heard the front door open and the sounds of voices fill the house. The kitchen door opened and all the voices had stopped. I turned to see them all in shock and I smiled. "Dang, do you really have to leave tomorrow?" I chuckled and nodded my head as a few of them frowned.

"Well don't just stand there, dig in." The girls all grabbed a plate each and the chatter started up again. I managed to sneak away after having a scone and ran upstairs to take a quick shower. I changed into a pair of shorts and my Royals tank top before going downstairs to join them. I was texting Erin all morning while baking and responded to a few of Lisa's texts while doing so. Queen of multitasking here.

I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a fresh mug of coffee before walking into the living room where Barnie and Becky were reading newspapers. I sat between them and set my feet on top of the coffee table. Becky looked at me over the rim of her glasses and chuckled before returning to her paper.

I sipped away on my coffee enjoying the silence while in the presence of the two people I got along with most, excluding Rachel of course. The two seemed to understand me more than the others did and acted like my mothers while training even on days off when I went to visit them for an evening stroll through the city.

"Are you all set for your flight?" I jumped a little at the suddenness of Becky's voice. She chuckled and apologized.

"Uh, relatively yes." I glanced over at Barnie who had a smile on her face as she looked at Becky. They both looked at me and I smiled sheepishly towards.

"So in other words you've nothing done." I smiled widely and nodded my head proudly causing them both to laugh and shake their heads.

"Okay, in all fairness I was relatively packed until yesterday evening. I still haven't found my Royals jersey and it's getting on my nerves. I don't want to go away without it. I wanted you all to sign it and I'd frame it when I get home." Becky looked at me sadly and nodded her head. She was about to say something when the living room door connecting to the kitchen opened and Kelley walked in.

"There you guys are. We're all heading out for the day as a team and it's a surprise." With that she walked out without another word. I glanced back at Becky but she just shrugged her shoulders before standing up and walking out of the living room with Nicole following her. I ran upstairs quickly and threw on a pair of running and tying my laces. I grabbed my phone and purse before heading towards the door. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and squealed. I grabbed my hairbrush and combed my hair to detangle it.