• Seventeen ~ My Friends •

Lily's PoV

After the Olympics things started to get a little overwhelming. People were beginning to recognise me more frequently and I was being stopped on the street every few steps to sign stuff and take photos. It was starting to get a bit uncomfortable so I decided to lay low for a while. I was spending a few nights with Lis before I head back to Utah. I wanted to tell her about my plans for after this season before anyone releases anything unofficial. I've been trying to work up the courage to tell her with the last hour until she had to go collect Viv from the airport and pick up some food.

I laid back on the couch and pressed play on the movie. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until I was being picked up. I opened my eyes groggily to see Viv looking at me sheepishly. "Go back to sleep Lil. You've had a long day." I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around her neck as she walked carefully into the spare room.

She lowered me on to the bed carefully and set the quilt over me. Lisa was with her and I think they thought I had fallen back asleep. "She weighed nothing Lis. I'm really worried about her." Viv was trying whisper quietly but I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"I am too babe but there's nothing we can do except be there for her. Rach's mom mode is on high alert these past few days and has been texting every hour to make sure she's okay. She'll open up to us soon. We just need to give her a bit of time." I felt Lisa rubbed my cheek softly and kissed my forehead tenderly. "Sleep tight Lil."

I don't know how long they stayed watching me or how many times they came in to check on me throughout the night because once I got comfy I was out like a light. It wasn't until I felt someone poking my cheek that I woke from my deep sleep. I opened my eyes groggily but shut them tight straight away because of the light. It took a few seconds to adjust to it but when I did I looked over to see Lisa sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Hey sleepyhead, did you sleep alright?" I smiled softly and nodded my head. I wasn't fully awake and she chuckled. "There's breakfast on so take as long as you need." I nodded my head and felt her get off the bed. I reached for my phone and scrolled through my social media. I saw a lot of the girls had commented on my post from the Olympics. I had posted a few photos of the girls and I during our travels. They mostly of myself, Lucy Bronze, KB, Beth, Steph, Leah and Jordan. They were the ones I got close with most.

@lucybronze; Awh you called me your best friend ♥️

@bethmead; @lucybronze you dreamin or wha? We all know she meant me. Ain't tha right kid? 😉

@jordannobbs; alright kids settle down now @bethmead @lucybronze I think we can all agree that @stephhoughton is now her new best friend at this stage 😔

@christenpress; Uhm, you've been gone a little over a month and I've already been replaced. @kelleyohara @rachelcorsie14 @beckysauerbrunn do you guys see this nonsense? 🙃

@kelleyohara; Kid you and I are going to have a nice chat when you get home 😚

@beckysauerbrunn; It's okay Lil, I know how much you love me 🥰🥰

@lilyevannns19; Gway @lucybronze @bethmead @jordannobbs I thought it was obvious that @stephhoughton was my favorite? She doesn't annoy me like you lot do 😏

@lilyyevannns19; Ladies, @christenpress @kelleyohara @rachelcorsie14 I have no choice but to be friends with you 😏 @beckysauerbrunn you're obviously my favorite 🥰🥰

@rachelcorsie14; Oh I see how it is then 😔 you can live on the streets so if that's how you treat me and @christenpress 😒