• Thirteen ~ Surprise! •

Two Months later

Lily's PoV

Today was the day of the NWSL Championship. Laura had called once a week after I left to go through some tactics on how to improve their game. I was more than happy to help on the condition that the girls didn't know. I was here to surprise them for the final and help Laura with final arrangements. I met up with her everyday with the last week and watched the girls train from up in the stands out of sight so they wouldn't see me.

It was quite hard to keep my distance but I knew it would be worth it. Laura was saying that Becky was getting a little bit suspicious with all the different methods she was using but had yet to say something. She even called two nights ago to see how I was doing and if I was going to watch the final.

Laura had given me an all access pass for the stadium last night so I could go surprise the girls before the game. I met her outside the locker room and she smiled widely. "You ready? They're just waiting for my talk before heading out." I smiled widely and nodded my head. I had Rachel's Royals jersey on and smiled softly at it before following behind Laura. I waited for the sign before walking in. The girls hadn't noticed I had walked in and I chuckled softly.

"Hello lassies." All the girls heads shot up when they heard my voice and gasped. I chuckled and waved at them. They all stood up and walked over to me. I hugged them all before turning to my girls. I hugged Nicole and Kelley before turning to Becky and Christen. They smiled widely and both hugged me tightly. Rachel stood up and I walked over to her. "Surprise." She smiled widely and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back just as tight.

She let go eventually as I walked back to Laura and stood by her side. She did her pregame talk and left the rest up to me. I smiled and walked to the middle of the room and held my hand out. The girls got the message and all stood up. They walked over and stuck their hands on one another's. I smiled widely and looked between them all.

"I don't know about you but I believe we can win this game. Win it for this city. Win for the little boys and girls that had come to watch their idols play. But most important I want you to win it for yourselves. I know this summer has been tough for some and quite amazing for others but tonight yous are gonna go out on that field and win this game as a team. As a family." I looked at Becky and winked at her before turning back to the girls. "Family on 3. Kel, would you do the honors?"

I stepped back as the girls got all hyped up. I slipped out the locker room unnoticed and nodded my head at Laura before making my way to my seat. I looked around the Rio Tinto stadium as it was full to the max. It was quite a sight to see. The girls were playing Orlando in the final so it was going to be an eventful match.

About halfway through the first half Amy appeared next to me and handed me an ear piece. I looked at her confusion but she just shrugged. I put it against my ear and leaned closer to me. "Hello?"

Laura; I need your help. How can I change it up?

Me; Just trust your players. They're doing everything perfectly and holding them off incredibly. Christen hasn't gotten a clear chance to go for goal yet but give it until the half time mark. If nothing changes I'll meet you outside the locker room and tell you the mistakes I've noticed about the Pride.

Laura; Thank Lil.

I handed Amy back her earpiece and she smiled gratefully at me before running away. I studied all the Pride players on their plays and their defense tactics. It was difficult trying to find mistakes but once I found the right place to look it was pretty obvious. Before the halftime whistle blew I made my way down to the locker rooms. I showed security my pass and they let me through just as the girls made their way in. I waited outside and Laura made her way to me.