Chapter/Scene 2: The Dream and a Letter.

Start from the beginning

   "It's for me?" He asked, the Pokémon nodded. Ash never expected to receive a package from someone for a long time so it was a surprise for him to get a package like this, he took the package and read the envelope. He looked at the envelop for a minute before his eyes widen in shock, not from Pikachu's electricity specifically, but the shock of joy. Deliah, the name of her mother, looked at him in curiosity.

   "Who is it from, Ash ?" She asked, wanting to know her son's sudden expression as well as the Pokémon’s. He look at her mother, a smile grew in his face.

   "It's from Cade, he's the one who sent the package." He joyfully answered, her expression turned to excitement when she heard the pronounced name. The two Pokémon’s look at them in confusion to what they were talking about, Ash saw this and briefly explained to them.

   "Cade is my long time pen pal, he and I use to talk to each other when I was 7." He turned his attention to the package in his lap. "I haven't heard from him for a long time, he didn't reply after almost a year of sending letters before my journey and now I receive a package from him"

   Ash was about to open the package but her mother stopped him.

   "Hold up, you should read the letter first before opening the package. I think it's better to see what he wrote, that way you might know when you can open the box." She suggested, he nodded and open the envelope. Pikachu went to his side and looked at the letter as well. Ash then read the letter out loud so that her mother and the Pokémon’s would heard it:

   [Dear PhoenixDust,-]

   Pikachu blinked in confusion and looked at Ash who noticed the expression in his partner’s face. “It’s my codename, we agreed to give ourselves codenames thinking it was cool.” Pikachu nodded in understanding before Ash continue reading:

   [Long time no see, sorry for not responding for how long was it ? Three years or less ? Anyway, I want you to know that I have some.... unfortunate experiences that I can't explain to you those past years but above all that is that I want you to have this package as a apology and a return gift, your probably mixed with various of emotions right now so please calm down.

   Oh, before I could even forget there is one more thing you should do before opening that package there. Before opening it, I want you to assemble all your Pokémon’s and by that I meant all of them. But if there are some that you left or freed, hopefully there is a good, valid reason for doing it. There has been trainers that left their Pokémon because they call them 'useless', 'weak', and other mean names and I am worried if you have ended up like them so please don't become like them and treat your Pokémon/s not just as partners, but as a family too.]

   Ash couldn’t help but smile upon reading this before continuing:

   [Anyway, back to the topic. Bring the package on your way to..... what's his name again ? Professor Moke ?-]

   Ash stopped reading the letter as he tried to hold his laughter, the Pokémon’s tried to hold their own as well. In the end, they couldn't hold it and burst out laughing while Deliah just let out a small giggle.

   "Oh my, The professor is really going to be mad if he finds the letter and read that part." She said, she then calmed down before proceeding what she's going to say. "I suggest that you hide the letter from him."

   Ash nodded after calming down from the writer's mistakes and continued reading:

   [Oh well, just go to the professor's lab with the package and gather your Pokémon once you get there then open your gift, make sure that you follow them carefully.

   Hope to see you,
             MiracleStar.]

   After finishing the letter, he closed his eyes and smiled.

   "Hope to see you as well," he whispered, he opened his eyes and pick up the package and started walking out of the dining room to the door with Pikachu on his shoulder. Before he could get a hold on the knob, her mother stopped him.

   "Hold it right there, young man," he turned around to see his mom holding a bag as well as a cap, it was a red and white color separate horizontally with the red on the upper half and the white on the lower and a red rim, the front contain an image of a Pokéball with a separate color with white half at the upper half and the red at the bottom. She then handed both to Ash whom accepted it from her.
   “Be careful out there sweetie,” she said to him, her eyes show concern but mostly confidence for her son.
   “I will,” he commented, he turned around and opened the door, “ you ready, Pikachu?”
   “Pika pika!” he answered enthusiastically with his fist in the air, Ash smiled and took off with his eyes full of anticipation for what awaits him.