Chapter four

Layla left Pearl with Mrs.Potters, who led her down the corridor to the last room. "The Royal beta has requested that you stay in here with a person of your choice. He didn't want you to be... uncomfortable sleeping with all the other girls". He really did that for her? But he barely knew her! Pearl didn't understand at all the reason, but she didn't dare question his actions out loud.

She didn't want to make a trip down to his office again so soon.

Of course Pearl chose Petal. If she hadn't met the little girl, it probably would have been Layla, but she knew she had to take of the little girl now. She was all Petal had. So, she had Mrs.Potters carry her little sleeping form onto one of the beds in her knew room. It was very simple; to plain white beds and a single wardrobe. But Pearl knew that the little amount would be enough. She hardly brung any clothes, and Petal brung nothing at all. That was another problem Pearl had to add to her list; getting Petal more clothes.

That night, when both of the girls were asleep, Pearl had another strange dream. This time she saw the Royal beta Jackson... the slowly kissed her check, before turning around to walk away. In the dream, Pearl longed for him to come back. But before she could go running to him, another man appeared. It was the man from her last dream, standing tall, but she still wasn't  able to make out his facial features.

"Your even closer than before" he smiled, holding one of her petite hands in own large one. Pearl felt right holding his hand... but that was what it also felt like being touched by the Royal beta. Except from this time.... if felt different. The only time she had heard of dreams like this was off a witch that lived in town. She claimed to be a able to put herself in peoples minds and haunt them. "Your not a stalker, are you?" Pearl asked.

The man gave out a roar of laughter, head swung back to let out the sound. What was so funny? he might actually being trying to murder her! It was not a laughing matter to her. As he calmed down, he cupped her face. "Oh, my little flower. I will no hurt you. I just want to have a little piece of your time of day". He stroked her face fondly and sighed. "I've finally found you." And with that, he turned into a puff of mist, just like the last time.

***********************************************************************************************

A few days past, until finally the day of the meeting arrived. Every single royal couple, their second in command and and their heir would be there. Pearl still trembled at the thought, even though all the staff but the waitresses' had been assured that they would not be in their presence. But just the fact that they would all be in the same country, let alone BUILDING scared the living day light out of her.

Mrs.Potters had already taken Petal down to the kitchen, to give Pearl some extra time to get ready. Of course, she didn't actually use it on making her self look better. She just watered a bunch of colourful roses that she had standing on her window sill. Every day since her first, the Royal beta Jackson came by her room when everyone was sleeping, and gave her a new colour of rose.She still feared his power, but not so much him any more. He ended up to being very sweet, and wouldn't have her call him any thing other thank Jack.

As Pearl finished putting the water into the jug, she looked at the clock. Oh no! She only had two minutes! Pearl quickly tied her hair back into a pony tail and ran out of the room. She sprinted down corridor after corridor...until she hit a wall. Sh e fell swiftly onto her butt with a "Ow".She looked forwards to see a pair of black shoes. "Oh  my Lord, I am ever so sorry! I was in a rush and-"

"It's quite all right. Are you hurt my little one?" Pearl stood up, and as she was about to answer him with an honest 'yes', she stuttered. She recognised the handsome face from paintings around the castle. "Y-y-your h-highness!" She stuttered, instantly bowing. When she stood back up, she saw amusement dancing in his eyes. Was awkwardness funny to him? "Now, are you alright?" Pearl meekly nodded, not wanting to anger him further. 

The King Alpha was very handsome. He had jet black hair, that seemed to always be styled to perfection. His deep green eyes looked as if they were deep pools from hell, a million and one souls swimming around them. Muscles cushioned his arms, legs, back, torso... practically every where. If was as if he had legs for arms.

Yeah.

That was how muscly he was.

And God (or maybe Satan) had also blessed him, to make him more intimidating, to make him one of the tallest people she had ever seen. He was probably coming up closer to seven foot if anything!

"Don't worry about running into me, I barely felt it" Of course. "I won't tell. Now run along little one." Pearl ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She knew she was already late, but wanted to get away from the king. What was it with her running into the royals? God help her if she ran into any at the meeting that evening.

When Pearl arrived in the kitchen, Mrs.Potters instantly went up to her. "Dear, I know that you can't cook very well, so I've given you an easy job." Oh thank god. "Because its easy, I'm sure you can go and get on with it by yourself." Pearl nodded, wrapping an apron around the front of her small body. "What am I making?"

"Broccoli and cheese soup" 

Shit.

Words: 994

Yo. It's Mia. And I need more reeeeeeeeeeads. Lol, sorry about that. I hope you like this book, and comment anything you want to. Also, have ago at the question of the day!

Question of the day: Do you think Pearl and Jackson make a good couple, or are they doomed to be forever apart?

Mia.

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.