Chapter 32: Clarity

Start from the beginning

Sana thinks for a long time. "You know what, I forgive you. I can't stay angry at someone for too long. But friends, not right away, you have to win my trust back. Maybe we both need to reconsider ourselves, relationship-wise. I'm feeling a bit lost in that area these days."

"You know, I'm not in a good position to say this. I mean I'm not the only one who sees this but I don't think you're lost. That person has already appeared. You and me both know who that is."

Sana chuckles bitterly. "It's a bit too late for that now, isn't it?"

"When you're ready, just go for it. I can see that look in her eyes, it will never be too late. Unlike me, you deserve someone like her. Thanks Sana, for forgiving me."

Sana nods and smiles. "I know. And you're welcome."

The guests have all arrived and the show will start in a few minutes. Mina and Momo are standing backstage waiting for Tzuyu to dim the lights so they can take their positions. The pressure of opening the show is huge, especially for Mina. The lights are finally off and after a round of applause from the audience, the melody of 'Crazy in Love' breaks the silence as the two girls start their routine. The audience and the girls are in complete shock, only the facial expressions from Momo and Mina are enough to send shivers down everyone's spine. The dance moves are not complex yet full of meaning, words aren't enough to describe the emotions delivered by them on stage. The girls have always known Momo is an incredible dancer but the performance they're seeing is truly out of this world. The story mixed with the music and the incomparable chemistry that these two have couldn't have made a better act to start the show. The crowd burst into applause, giving the two girls a standing ovation. Momo hugs Mina tightly are kisses the previously nervous girl right on stage, resulting in another huge cheer from the audience.

Mina grabs a microphone. "Thank you everyone. And now, put your hands together for our two MCs tonight, Kim Jisoo and Im Nayeon."

"How is that for an opening act, everyone?" Jisoo starts. "We promise we got a lot more of that for you tonight."

Nayeon continues. "But first and foremost, welcome ladies and gentlemen to the annual YJM gala, Stories of love."

Backstage, as Jisoo and Nayeon are warming up the crowd, Jihyo checks with Rosie and Dahyun about the next acts.

"Bangtan are up next, they are ready. Then Yongsun, Moon, Wheein and Hwasa. That's the next two. We still need to wait until after Mr. Park finishes his opening speech."

"Okay, but get them ready. He's on stage already, he will be done pretty soon."

When Mr. Park finishes his speech, Jisoo comes back on stage and works up the crowd. "Are you ready for more music?" The crowd cheer loudly. "Please put your hands together for the group that will get you on your feet, here is 'Fake Love' by Bangtan boys"

"And after that, here to show you a sexier side of love, 'Egotistic' by Mamamoo"

Bangtan take their position on stage and break into a incredibly complex yet satisfying choreo and the crowd are now don't even need their chairs anymore, everyone is on their feet and dance along to the catchy song.

"Wow, that's sexy." Chaeyoung exclaims when Yongsun is doing her pole dancing routine.

"Watch it, Dahyun can hear you." Tzuyu smirks while checking the playlist, making sure everything goes to plan.

"We are literally sitting next to two large speakers, even we can't hear each other clearly." Chaeyoung shakes her head but looks around nonetheless. To her surprise, she sees Dahyun staring straight at her soul, through the door of the waiting room, through the loud music. Chaeyoung gives Dahyun a finger heart but Dahyun slides a finger across her neck while smirking back.

"Good luck Chaeng." Tzuyu chuckles. She scrolls to the next song after 'Egotistic' and it is named 'Untitled' with the performer being G-Dragon. She is absolutely confused so she texts Rosie. 'Hey, who is G-Dragon? They're the next performer.'

Rosie smirks and replies. 'Oh, you'll be surprised, only me, Dahyun and Seulgi know. You'll see."

Nayeon steps on the stage to introduce the next act. "The next performance will give us a different side of love." She furrows her eyebrows at the name. "Here is 'Untitled' by G-Dragon"

Tzuyu turns off all the lights and only leaves one spotlight in the very middle. After a few minutes and no one hasn't stepped us on the stage, Jihyo genuinely thinks that something went wrong but someone steps up behind her and walks on stage.

"Holy shit, Mr. Kwon?" Tzuyu plays the song and everyone is in shock because of their teacher's vocals.

No one expected Mr. Kwon to perform, not to mention an original song and his stage name? He keeps his eyes closed during the performance yet it feels so powerful, the lyrics, the emotions, everything is unimaginable. His vocals are incredibly strong, to the point that you can feel the raw emotions. The lyrics are heart-breaking, probably a bit more mature for their age, but they can sense the hurt and pain in his voice. The song finishes with a soft but soulful piano arrangements that leaves a linger feeling even after the song has finished. Jihyo is pretty sure she saw a teardrop on Mr. Kwon's face but he quickly wipes it away.

"How can I keep up with that?" Jisoo asks as Dahyun is preparing her headset.

"We don't even know that Mr. Kwon is that good, no kidding. If we had known that earlier, we would place him near the end or something." Dahyun chuckles. "But hey, your performance is a gift for Jennie, focus on that. And I assure you, everyone will be on their feet."

Chaeyoung steps out of the sound area as Nayeon introduces Jisoo and her. "For the next act, we'll get you back on your feet with 'Clarity' by Jisoo with Chaeyoung." Jisoo stands up at the microphone while is adjusting the DJ booth.

"I want to dedicate the song to Jennie Kim." Jisoo starts her performance with a bright smile while pointing towards Jennie at the food counter.

Chaeyoung starts the playing the first notes. "Are you ready? Let's go." She screams in her microphone as Jisoo is getting near the chorus. Jennie runs up to the stage and joins Jisoo in a dance as Chaeyoung puts the volume on max.

"Yo, who's gonna watch the food counter?" Yerim yells behind Jennie, who doesn't even think about the food counter anymore as she's dancing with Jisoo on stage.

Sooyoung comes join Yerim there and pats her on the back. "Oh, let her. You know what? No one is here anyway. I got something to give you."

Yerim smirks and leads Sooyoung to a more quiet corner. "Okay, it's way more peaceful here though." Sooyoung gives Yerim a box. "A sweater?" Yerim chuckles lightly. "Okay, grandma. It's cute though."

"You know, I would perform something, like a song for you or anything like that but I just can't come up with anything." Sooyoung says absent-mindedly.

"That's alright, besides let's just say our relationship is the simplest of all, we didn't have any obstacles or anything." Yerim shrugs while looking at the sweater.

Sooyoung hugs Yerim from behind and whispers in the other girl's ear. "I like you. I feel like I need to say it and I've never said it I think."

They are enjoying their moment when someone runs towards them. "Kids! There's something wrong." Joohyun hastily says.

"What is it?" Sooyoung says while looking on the stage, Jisoo and Chaeyoung have just finished their performance, nothing seems to have gone wrong.

"One of the acts can't perform, we have an empty slot. Go backstage, we'll discuss a plan to settle this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is the first half of the concert. I'm sorry because I'm not that good at describing musical performances or performances in general so it may seem pretty dull but I hope you will enjoy this chapter. I got a small JoyRi conversation at the end because I think we need to address their relationship although it hasn't been mentioned as much as the others.

Have a nice day, readers.