Chapter 9: Time Will Tell

Sana has a ton of club assignments on her plate so as soon as classes end, she goes straight to her club room and starts working with the designing team. It's just two days in and the club is already working in full swing, almost every member has some kind of deadline. The designing team only has four members so they are extremely busy. She checks her watch and sees it is already 7 p.m and she hasn't eaten anything.

"You guys wanna go to the cafe to grab something to eat? It's quite late and I'm starving." Sana stretches her arm and looks at her fellow teammates.

"The cafe across the street? They don't have food, I've checked." Moonbyul speaks up.

"Are you guys okay with going to my house? It's nearby and we can order something to eat?" Mark suggests. "Besides, I think everyone has already gone home, we're the only ones left."

"I mean we're fine with anything I guess. But is your family okay with it? We don't want to cause any trouble." Seungyoon hesitantly says.

"It's no big deal, my mom is pretty relaxed. So are we going?"

"Okay sure, but I don't have a car or anything. I guess I'll take the bus." Sana starts packing up her things.

"I can drive you and I'll take you home, if you're okay of course." Mark offers.

"That's cool, let's go then."

"Are you tired Sana?" Mark glances at Sana before turning back to the road.

"A bit, but nothing too major, I'm a bit sleepy." Sana yawns and leans back on the seat.

"You can take a nap, I'll wake you up when we get there."

"No that's fine, I'm a heavy sleeper."

"Okay then. Oh by the way, how is it going with the concert?" Mark changes the topic, trying to keep Sana awake.

"We've found some help but we haven't actually got any stable plans or ideas yet. Do you want to, perhaps, help out?" Sana suggests.

"Yeah, sure. It will be fun." Mark smiles at Sana. "Hey, I know this is a very bad question to ask now, but are you single?" Mark still looks at the road, afraid that Sana will slap him or something.

Sana widens her eyes. "You're right, that is a bad question to ask a girl you barely know, Tuan. But to answer your question, no. I'm not actively looking for a relationship and no one has caught my attention yet." There's a weird feeling in her stomach when she said that but she ignores it, thinking that it's just because she's hungry.

Two months later

October is finally here and the school are preparing for the Halloween fundraiser. Midterms have already finished and everyone is tired and ready to hang loose and party. The students of YJM high school had experienced what is called 'the tests from hell'. There were rumors when they signed up that this is one of the best high schools in Korea and there are many reasons for it, one of them being the tests are extremely difficult and students will probably end up with a 7 or 8 and they would feel like they just conquered the world.

However, that rule only applies to the majority of students. Mina, Jisoo and Seungwan are definitely a cut above the rest. Jisoo has proven herself to be one of the best students in literature, almost all of her writings receive a lot of praises from teacher and one of her short stories is published on the school magazine. Mina, on the other hand, is a beast at math, she's the only student in the school to get full marks on the midterm test. And finally, Seungwan, let's just say anything she does, she excels at it. Tzuyu has also proven that she is extremely good at chemistry and biology and people have already told her to apply for medical schools when she graduates.

Aside from the rise of geniuses from the class, love is still not in the air, but however, tension is. Jihyo has open up to Seungwan, but only a little and to Seungwan, that's good enough. There is also something strange going on between Yeri and Joy but no one has found out. Momo and Seulgi have become the best dancing duo of the dance club. While Momo and Mina are great friends, Seulgi has been actively distanced herself from Joohyun, she said that the reason is dumb and doesn't want to tell anyone about it. Sana has been hanging out with Mark a lot for the last month and Tzuyu has been okay about it. She said she has moved on and Momo, Nayeon and Rosie don't need to worry too much about her.

Right now, Tzuyu is sitting in one of the study rooms of the library waiting for Mr. Kwon. He has some extra classes for students that need to improve or learn more about math. Tzuyu doesn't know anyone else in this class and frankly she doesn't care that much. She is sitting in the back of the class, silently munching on the potato chips, which she always buys to kill time when Mr. Kwon is teaching the easier parts. She is listening to music when a figure approaches her and waves their hand in front of her face.

"Hey there. Is the seat taken?" Sana smiles at Tzuyu, she's happy to see a classmate in this class with her.

"No, go ahead, take a seat, did you just join today?" Tzuyu replies, removing her backpack for Sana to sit.

"Yeah, figure I should start learning the tougher parts, I don't want to fall behind, one hell test is enough for me." Sana says, taking out her sandwich and starts eating. "How are you doing these days?"

"I'm fine, I guess, nothing too special. We didn't talk much in the last month, did we?"

"Sorry Tzu, I'm really busy with all the projects in my club and it's been deadline after deadline. At some point I even consider resigning, but hey, I'll try to be persistent for once. How about your translating job in the book club?"

"Well I'm not always busy, it's only when there's a new foreign book. I see you've been hanging out with Mark a lot." Tzuyu changes the subject, she kinda wants to know about Sana and Mark.

"Oh right, he's a good guy, fun to be with, helpful and I work with him a lot, I mean, we're in the designing team together." Sana answers but she can't look at Tzuyu in her eyes for some reasons.

"Are you okay? Why do you suddenly look away, is something there?" Tzuyu follows Sana's gaze but Sana turns away again.

"Mark is courting me, Tzuyu. It's been a couple of weeks now." Sana utters and closes her eyes tightly.

"Why are you nervous, it's great, as long as you're happy. You don't need to be like this. It's not like I like you Sana." Tzuyu chuckles.

"Is that so? That's good I guess. And yes, things are going great between us." Sana smiles warmly.

"What makes you think I like you?"

"Umm...Mina and Momo."

"Oh God, those two. Well, it's fine, I don't want us to be awkward, we're going to be deskmates."

"Yayy." Sana chirps happily and resumes eating her sandwich.

"I'm going to the restroom for a bit, tell Mr. Kwon if he asks for me." Tzuyu excuses herself and steps out of the classroom.

"Hey Momo, you have a text from Tzuyu." Seulgi calls out to Momo, who is practicing her new dance routine.

Momo takes her phone from Seulgi and opens the text. "Hmm, voice recording, she never does this." Momo then holds the phone to her ear only to be surprised by a crying Tzuyu.

'You guys were right'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What's next for the couples? And what's in store for them in the Halloween season?

I hope you enjoy reading. Have a nice day, readers.