Chapter 15: Where We Belong

The group disperse after Joohyun assures them that Seulgi will be alright and she knows what to do. Some of the girls get back to the festivities and have fun but not Chaeyoung. Joohyun has already taken Seulgi home and Jihyo also decided to call it a night. Chaeyoung doesn't see any reasons to stay at the fundraiser, she has already show her friends the costume and played some of the games. Dahyun sidles up to Chaeyoung and taps her shoulder lightly. "Something on your mind? You seem a bit tense."

Chaeyoung shakes her head. "Nothing too important. I mean the fundraiser has been very fun but now there's no reason to stay anymore, I've done everything I plan to. I'm contemplating going home right now."

"I have another idea, maybe it will be fun." Dahyun cautiously says and walks towards Chaeyoung's motorbike. "Why don't we go for a ride around the city? The night is still young, why go home now?"

Chaeyoung smiles and hands Dahyun a helmet. "Sure, hop on." Dahyun smiles and takes the helmet. "Why did you bring two of these?"

"I may or may not have an idea of taking someone out on a ride." Chaeyoung chuckles and starts the engine. Dahyun quickly hops on and puts her arm loosely around Chaeyoung's waist.

Chaeyoung grabs Dahyun's hands and wraps them tighter. "I don't want you to fall off, hang on tight." Dahyun blushes and giggles, interlocking her fingers and leans on Chaeyoung's back as the other zooms out of the school. Despite the hardcore look of Chaeng's bike, the ride is somewhat peaceful to Dahyun. The lights from the lamps and buildings illuminate the night street, the steady sound of the engine and Chaeyoung's breathing makes Dahyun feels at ease, somehow. They receive a few looks from bystanders because of their costumes but since it's Halloween night, nothing special happens. The ride continues in silence, not suffocating but rather comforting, each other's presence is enough for them. Chaeyoung takes Dahyun to every place she likes to go to, an old fountain at the center of the city to her old schools, even the park she used to play at when she was little. After a couple of hours, Chaeyoung stops at Han river bank and leads Dahyun to an empty bench looking over the river. She hands Dahyun a cup of hot chocolate and stares blankly at the river, sipping her own cup slowly.

Dahyun tries to break the silence. "Do you often go here?"

Chaeyoung nods. "At night, usually. No one will interrupt me, sometimes I'll draw things, sometimes I'll just sit and think about almost anything to come to my mind. I don't know why I overthink a lot of things." She sighs and pauses.

Dahyun waits for her to continue but she doesn't. "What do you usually think of?" Dahyun grimaces, thinking that's such a bad question to ask.

"Anything. Something happens in class or in my family. Sometimes when I listen to a song, I will think what motivated the singer to write that song." She chuckles lightly. "It's a bit stupid, to be honest."

"That's not stupid, I somewhat get what you mean, it's like your mind has to have something to work with all the time. Unlike me, sometimes I just feel empty but I can't explain." Dahyun looks over to Chaeyoung.

"If anyone heard the things we said, they would think we're crazy. Especially with the costumes we have on." They both laugh out loud at Chaeyoung's statement. Silence engulfs them one more time. The only sound is the little turbulence in the river, the two girls are nursing their drink and enjoying the cool night air. Chaeyoung turns to Dahyun. "Why did you go with me?"

"I'm not in the mood to play games or anything after what happened to Seulgi. That's the thing about me, I can't seem to have fun after I witness something sad happens to other people I'm with."

"For the first time, I get what you mean. I love the girls, somehow they make you feel that you belong. I didn't have that feeling before. I was that kid in the corner with a notepad, I went to school every day and walked back alone, didn't speak to anyone except for group projects. I feel like I didn't belong at all." Chaeyoung says slowly.

Dahyun leans her head on Chaeng's shoulder. "They don't know what they missed out on." That brings a smile on Chaeyoung's face. "This feels nice." Dahyun whispers and closes her eyes. Chaeyoung absent-mindedly pats Dahyun's head, letting the girl rests on her shoulder. Chaeyoung loves this feeling, it's fulfilling in a way, a way she never actually feels before.

After a while, Chaeyoung taps Dahyun's back lightly to wake the girl up. "It's midnight, let me take you home." Dahyun nods, stretches her arms and lets her hair down. Chaeyoung hands Dahyun her jacket. "Here, wear this. It's cold." Dahyun slips on the coat and hops on the bike.

The ride to Dahyun's house is again filled with silence. Dahyun has fallen asleep while Chaeyoung is deep in thought. They arrive at Dahyun's house after 20 minutes, Dahyun goes to unlock the door then she hesitates and turns back to Chaeyoung. She steps closer to the shorter girl, neither of them knows what to say at that moment, so Chaeyoung doesn't say anything. Instead, she holds Dahyun's cheek and gently presses her lips on Dahyun's. Dahyun smiles a little and puts her arms on Chaeyoung's neck, kissing back slowly. The kiss lasts way until they have to gasp for air and Chaeyoung pulls away with a satisfying smile on her face. Dahyun chuckles lightly. "I was about to ask you what color should I dye my hair back?"

"Oh..." Chaeyoung breaths out, looking everywhere but Dahyun's eyes.

"But I didn't know how much I needed that kiss. Anyway, same time next week?"

Chaeyoung smiles fondly and pecks Dahyun's lips one more time. "Sure, I'll pick you up at 10. You should go inside now. It's late."

"You don't need to find where you belong anymore. Goodnight, Puddin." Dahyun walks back to her door.

"Oh, Dahyun?" Chaeyoung calls. Dahyun turns back and raises her eyebrows. "Purple, I think you'll look beautiful in it. I mean you'll look great anyways. You know what I mean. Goodnight." Chaeyoung quickly wears her helmet to conceal her blush and zooms off.

Dahyun chuckles and shakes her head with a big smile on her face. "Dork." She knows when she goes to sleep tonight, she will miss that green-haired dork.

Meanwhile, at the front gate of the school, Sana is waiting for Mark to drive her home. The fundraiser officially ended a few minutes ago and everyone has gone home. Mark's car arrives after a few minutes and she steps in.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Mark asks.

"Yeah, the girls went all out tonight, costumes and everything. It's great, how about you?" Sana excitedly says while looking the ring Tzuyu gave her.

"Yeah, the boys are great, as per usual, nothing special though." Mark glances at Sana. "What is that ring? I didn't remember you wearing it earlier tonight."

"Oh, this? Tzuyu gave me that, she won a game and got this as a prize. It's cute right?" Sana holds out her hand to Mark, showing off the ring.

"Sure, babe. You should hang out with me and my friends sometimes. They're not insensitive with girls or anything." Mark suggests.

"Yeah, sure. They're not really my kind of people, I'm sorry Mark. Besides, my class do almost everything together." Sana's phone suddenly rings, showing a text from Tzuyu.

ChooChoo: Hey, Sana. Momo asked me to go to an escape game with her, she said she has a plan for something. There will be Mina, do you want to come with?

Sana smiles brightly upon seeing the text. She has an idea of what Momo may be doing.

Squirrel: Sure. I'd love to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Here comes the DubChaeng moment I promised, I hope you enjoy it. Next chapter will be Joohyun's plan to save her relationship with Seulgi, JenSoo will also return in that chapter. Momo's plan will come soon enough.

Have a nice day, readers.