7: The Change

-Bella-

Fire. Pain. Burning.

Three words that describe how I am feeling at the moment. I know Jasper bit me and I know I am finally becoming a Vampire. The heat is pressing through me at an extraordinary speed. I try to scream for my Jasper, for my mate, but I cannot find my voice. I try to squeeze my hands but I can't.

"Jasper she'll wake up soon," a voice says. Jasper? He's here?

"I know she's in pain but I can't do anything about it," an Angel says.

"Listen man," says the first voice. "She has ten minutes before she wakes up."

The flames are starting to go out and are being replaced by an ice cold chill. Feeling starts to come back in my body but there is a burning in the back of my throat. But it feels numb? Is that normal? Finally my eyes open. I can see everything and its so clear. I can see droplets of water sliding down a vase, a speck of dust on the bookshelf. The thin particles in the air. Finally my eyes meet his. His gold eyes are light but aware. His mouth turned up into a smile. His white teeth dazzling me. His skin looks so soft. My world stops momentarily. But I realize we aren't alone. I turn my head sharply to see Char and Peter standing near the door. Charlotte is smiling at me her body wrapped in Peters arms. I smile at them and I raise my hand to examine. It is as white as snow. My hair which falls over my shoulders is dark but extremely soft. Jasper moves towards me, palms out. I stand up and smile at him.

"How are you feeling Isabella?" He asks cautiously.

"I feel amazing," I say. I stop and raise my hand to my lips. Was that my voice? It sounds like bells. Peter laughs at me.

"You look good as a Vampire Izzy," he says. I laugh with him.

"What? Wasn't I good enough with a beating heart?" I joke. Before Peter can answer I am wrapped in incredibly soft but masculine arms. I can smell cologne and hay. It smells like home. It smells like Jasper. I wrap my arms around Jasper and press my lips to his chest and keep them there. I am craving contact between us. Jasper runs a hand through my hair and I draw patterns into his back.

"Welcome home Izzy," he whispers to me only.

"Jay, can I have a mirror?" I ask.

"Of course," he murmurs. I hear the soft footsteps of Charlotte run to her room. She comes back with a full size mirror and places it behind me. Keeping myself in Jaspers arms I turn and look us in the mirror. A gasp escapes my mouth. My skin is white like snow and my hair is soft and in natural curves. My body is slim and my breasts have grown maybe two sizes. My posture us straight. Then I notice my eyes. Blood red. Thirsty for blood. I notice how Jasper is resting his head on my shoulder and watching me patiently. His blond hair looking tousled from where, I presume, he had continuously ran his fingers through it.

"Wow! I look so different but I still look like me," I whisper.

"You look even better as a Vampire," Jasper murmurs kissing my ear lobe. "But you should probably hunt." I nod my head. My throat had been burning but I was too distracted to even notice.

"What are we hunting?" I ask. "What do you normally hunt?" I aim my question to Charlotte who's eyes have been black since I got here.

"We don't drink Animals blood," she says. Oooh.

"So lets go then," I say turning away from the mirror. I look down at myself and smile to find me in my Vans, jeans and a nice top. Thank Fuck I am not in a dress. I smile and head towards the door. Jasper grabs my hand and follows me, watching my every move.

"Isabella me and Char are gonna stay behind. It'll be safer that way," Peter says as I pass him. I smile and nod. Jasper leads me out of the house and into the forest.

"We don't have to drink Human blood if you don't want to," he says. "We can go get some animals."

"Jay listen. This is our new home and Peter and Char don't drink animal blood like the Cullen's, so we should adapt to their way of living," I smile, pressing my lips to his cheek.

"Bella we can't stay here," Jasper mutters. I raise an eyebrow.

"And why can't we?" I say.

"Charlie," he says. My mouth drops.

"Fuck! I totally forgot about him. Maybe we should tell him I caught a nasty disease which killed me. Or tell him the truth, well part of the truth, that Edward cheated on me and me and you are together because Alice left you and we realized we were meant to be together. I'm such an idiot," I say, my eyes filling with tears I can't release.

"Bella listen. We will work it out, but not here and not now," he whispers embracing me. "We need to get you some blood." I let out a sigh.