chapter thrity eight

Start from the beginning

Elena looked down and away from me, not even bothering to reply. Okay, maybe I was a little bit harsh on her, and I was starting to feel slightly guilty but I couldn't bring myself to apologize. 

I looked down at my lap and began fiddeling with my phone just as cold fingers moved to grip my chin tightly and move my face. It was Damon. 

His eyes were hard as he looked at me. "You're mad at ME, stop taking it out on your sister."

His grip on my chin was tight, but not enought to hurt me, just strong enough to secure me in place so that I couldn't look away. And if i was honest with myself, I couldn't have even if i tried, his eyes were captiavting, they drew me in and I just couldn't look away and apart of me really didn't want to.

"Damon, that's enough." Ric warned, glancing back at us through the mirror. 

Damon didn't reply and kept his grip firmly, his eyes never faltering from mine, before he gave a suble nod and every-so-slowly released my chin and moving back into the postion he was in before, staring aimlessly ahead at the back of Ric's chair.

THe rest of the jouney was in silence after mine and Damon's brief moment. No one really uttered a word until we managed to reach the university, where i couldn't hold it in anymore and pulled Elena to the side, Ric and Damon walking in ahead of us. 

"Lena, look, I'm sorry about snapping at you in the car, I-I was just tense and my thoughts were all jumbled...So i'm sorry." I apologised quietly. I hating having to apologise to Elena, because Ialways felt bad when I did something to hurt her. She didn't deserve that, she was only looking out for me, that's all she's ever done.

Elena sighed, but nodded. "It's fine, don't worry about it." She said, but she couldn't seem to be able to look me in the eye and her voice was strained as she spoke. "Lets just get follow, Damon and Ric." Then she walked off, not even bothering to look back at me. 

I was beyond confused. I mean, i was rude to her earlier but I didn't think that it would have cause that much damage to her. I've said worse thing over the year, much worse and yet she was able to let those go quite quickly. 

I shook my head and sighed before reluctantly following all three of them inside the building.

It was nothing special, in fact it just looked like school....with more old people, that is. 

"It's this way." Ric stated as he turned down a hallway and knocked gently on a door before pushing  it open, Elena following closely behind, Damon on the other hand stood beside the door, holding it open and gave me a look.

"Ladies first." He said charmingly.

I gave a small sarcastic laugh and waved my hand towards the door. "Hurry up and go through then."

Damon didn't react like I had hoped. I thought that maybe he would get aggitated with me and finally leave me alone, instead it seemed to spur something inside him, because the next thiing i know, Damon was inches away from me. His eyes light and his lips pulled into a smirk, his hands moved down to my wrists and ever-so slowly began to trail his finger tip gently up my arms, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Trust me, Lillie, there is Nothing remotely feminin about me." He said, his voice was husky as he spoke and his eyes seemed to darken a fraction. His tongue darted from his mouth and swept over his bottom lip quickly before he slowly moved so his lips were at my ears. "I'm all man," He whispered, his breath brushed against my ear and shivers slid down my spine. He seemed to move even closer to me and his lips actually brushed against my skin and his hands had now taken ahold of my own moving them to press against the material of his shirt just over his stomach. "Feel free to have a look if you wish, I wouldn't mind at all." As he spoke his lips pressed against my ear then very very slowly desended down to my neck. I body froze in place. Damon was so close, so so close. I could feel nothing but the heat radiating from his body as he pressed up against me. And in this moment I wanted nothing more than to pull his face to mine and kiss him. The want that my body was feeling was over-whelming, it was pulsating thoughout me, his touch was electrifying. The effect he was having on me was crazy.